Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Budget Racer

Featured Replies

A quick question for any one reading this. Because I am using a 2tgeu block there is no provision for a mechanical fuel pump. There for I have fitted a Holley Blue electric pump and a Holley regulator. My question is, what pressure to run the fuel for Webers. I am thinking about 4 to 5 psi. Thanks. Paul

Are you running a lifter pump to feed the Holley????

 

I had issues with a Holley Red not self priming when I tried one out. Once it got a bit of air in the line between the tank and the pump the car would stop :lolcry:

 

Was embarissing sitting on the side of the road, pulling a fuel line and sucking the fuel through >|

 

Tossed the Holley and fitted a little "Facet" pump and all issues went away except for the noise the "Facet" made. Took some time to sorta fix that one.

  • Replies 153
  • Views 129.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • She is back on all four wheels. Next we will be looking at flares to cover those wheels and a front splitter.  

  • A bit more progress today. Slowly coming together.

Posted Images

  • Author
that should do it.. sadly no ke35 for me any more.. have something else that will turn into a club racer as time and funds permit... but i don't think i will be doing the phillip island 6 hour.

Bumma. I hopped to catch up with you there. :-(

  • Author
Are you running a lifter pump to feed the Holley????

 

I had issues with a Holley Red not self priming when I tried one out. Once it got a bit of air in the line between the tank and the pump the car would stop :D

 

Was embarissing sitting on the side of the road, pulling a fuel line and sucking the fuel through :wub:

 

Tossed the Holley and fitted a little "Facet" pump and all issues went away except for the noise the "Facet" made. Took some time to sorta fix that one.

 

yeah mate, had a simmilar problem years ago with a 55 Cheve. (Bloody embarassing) I have a small pump to lift from the tank and fill a small swirl pot. The holley then picks up fuel from there. As the fuel level is always higher than the pump, I think I should be OK. Cheers, Paul.

 

post-5916-1268798318_thumb.jpg

Coming along nicely there Paul.

 

I liked it the way it was when I bought the cage off you but it should look great finished.

And i was very envious of the 2tg's :wub: Would love one in my 20 to replace the 5k.

 

Am just about to start my rebuild, you've just given me some motivation.

Hopefully finish it by about September and then join a club again.

 

Cheers,

 

Dale

  • Author
12psi on a holley regulator? I've got exactly the same unit and it's got no problems keeping it down to 4psi for my dellortos.

 

Other than that, I dig this thing. Good work, keep the pics coming.

 

Hi Philbey, I have since found out that there are 2 Holley regs. 1 goes from 1-4 psi and the other from 4.5-10 psi The latter being used on 4brl carbies like Holleys etc. They run on 8 psi, where as Webers, SU's and the like run on about 4 psi. This one was off a 55 Cheve running a small block and holley, so there is my problem. Thanks for the input. Cheers Paul.

  • Author
Coming along nicely there Paul.

 

I liked it the way it was when I bought the cage off you but it should look great finished.

And i was very envious of the 2tg's :D Would love one in my 20 to replace the 5k.

 

Am just about to start my rebuild, you've just given me some motivation.

Hopefully finish it by about September and then join a club again.

 

Cheers,

 

Dale

Dale mate, long time no see. Its about time you got your ass into gear.

 

September we have the Winton sprint on the 5th, and a hill climb at our track on the 19th. So get your ass into gear boy. Keep in touch and let us know how its going. :wub:

  • Author

Just a few picks to show that it hasent come to a complete standstill.

 

The body work is coming on slowly.

 

post-5916-1269303063_thumb.jpg

 

post-5916-1269303147_thumb.jpg

 

post-5916-1269303199_thumb.jpg

 

And the motor is nearly ready for a fire up.

 

post-5916-1269303335_thumb.jpg

 

post-5916-1269303370_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

WOOOHOOO

 

 

 

The motor is finnaly running. I couldn't believe it. I wound it over with the spark plugs out untill the oil pressure came up, put the plugs in, hit the starter button and away it went. Instant! Carbies not set, dizzy only a guess, and after about 1 min it would even sort of idle. Big camms so idle is very rough but it still idles. :blush:

 

Just to pick the brains of the 2tg boys, I went to Repco and was told they do not make spark plugs for 2tg's. Acording to my manual, 2t run NGK BP5ES and 2tg run NGK BP5EZ. they only had the (ES). What is the difference and will it matter.

If anybody runs a different plug, let me know. Thanks Paul

I ran BP6ES in mine, with a 1.0mm gap, after it was dyno tuned. That was their recommendation based on the dyno info.

Um..... why do you have an oil breather plugged into your radiator overflow bottle. I understand having "waste fluid" going into one bottle (a mate had a race car like this) but it didn't let the radiator suck water back up if it needed to. If yours does its just going to get oily water! :blush:

  • Author
I ran BP6ES in mine, with a 1.0mm gap, after it was dyno tuned. That was their recommendation based on the dyno info.

 

Thanks Adam, you are a wealth of knowledge as usual. Cheers Paul.

No dramas on the plug info.

 

Um..... why do you have an oil breather plugged into your radiator overflow bottle. I understand having "waste fluid" going into one bottle (a mate had a race car like this) but it didn't let the radiator suck water back up if it needed to. If yours does its just going to get oily water! :(

 

I reckon if you have another look Taz you will see the coolant is going into ye olde Coke bottle overflow, not the oil overflow :)

  • Author
Um..... why do you have an oil breather plugged into your radiator overflow bottle. I understand having "waste fluid" going into one bottle (a mate had a race car like this) but it didn't let the radiator suck water back up if it needed to. If yours does its just going to get oily water! :(

 

Arrr mate, you crack me up. The radiator overflow bottle is actually my catch can. For cars under 2.0lt you need a 2 lt catch can and over 2.0lt need 3lts. Reasons why I used this. 1 very light weight, 2. a lot cheaper than one of those Fancy alloy ones, and it does the same job.

For a radiator overflow I just use a 600ml Coke bottle. Cheap and light.

 

Thanks for your comment. Cheers Paul.

 

 

post-5916-1270722158_thumb.jpg

 

 

post-5916-1270722252_thumb.jpg

hey mate where u located?

 

I'm in morwell for work but live in stratford on the weekend.

i have a 2tg i want to put together for my ke70 but have no idea on how to assemble it as it came in pieces

 

might have to go to a GCC event to have a look sometime this year

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.