Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7Agte 20V Blacktop

Featured Replies

  • Author

9896 6111

I dealt with "Joe"

 

Good luck dude.

 

Thanks for the number, I’ll give them a call on Monday.

  • Replies 334
  • Views 720.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Ok, some more pics for you all.   Dash is nearly all stripped out (going to total rewire everything as I am fussy at what I do)       Filling in the cracks in the dash pad       I used a

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Hi there, The motor only has done 350kms and I have already done an oil change so it was off to the rollers for a tune (I really did not like driving it with the base tune).   We only took the boos

Posted Images

Hey mate,

 

Been looking through the 7age build, awesome stuff mate. Going to be an absolute weapon when it is done. Good luck with the rest of the build, it's inspirational.

 

Cheers

 

Mick

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey mate,

Been looking through the 7age build, awesome stuff mate. Going to be an absolute weapon when it is done. Good luck with the rest of the build, it's inspirational.

Cheers

Mick

 

Thank you for the encouragement.

Edited by _FNQ_rolla_

you done yet or what!

  • Author

My W58 gearbox turned up last week.

 

post-10153-0-65190900-1312973620_thumb.jpg

 

post-10153-0-35828400-1312973641_thumb.jpg

 

Now I know that the W55, W57 and the W58 all look the same from the outside but below is a simple little trick to find out what W5* box you have with out pulling it apart.

 

If you turn input shaft 25 full turns in first gear the output shaft will turn;

 

W55 1st gear = 7.01 on output shaft

W57 1st gear = 7.61 on output shaft

W58 1st gear = 7.61 on output shaft

 

If you turn input shaft 25 full turns in fifth gear the output shaft will turn;

 

W55 5th gear = 29.4 on output shaft

W57 5th gear = 29.03 on output shaft

W58 5th gear = 31.93on output shaft

 

Its best to use an old clutch plate on the input and an old yoke on the output shaft, place a white dot on them, now all you have to do is turn input 25 times & count the output.

  • Author

you done yet or what!

 

 

I hope to have this on the road by Xmas…. and cage next year

  • Author

Sounds good haha, how's that dash coming along?

 

Ok, some more pics for you all.

 

Dash is nearly all stripped out (going to total rewire everything as I am fussy at what I do)

 

post-10153-0-86725800-1313062992_thumb.jpg

 

 

Filling in the cracks in the dash pad

 

post-10153-0-17987600-1313063023_thumb.jpg

 

 

I used a 2 pack Polyurethane Foam

 

post-10153-0-28683500-1313063042_thumb.jpg

 

 

I bought these Autopro gauges

 

post-10153-0-76006300-1313063061_thumb.jpg

 

 

Standard dash panel removed

 

post-10153-0-25990300-1313063079_thumb.jpg

 

 

Got out the angle grinder and removed all of the raised webbing front and rear

 

post-10153-0-11106400-1313063094_thumb.jpg

 

 

Holes in the dash panel filled and then glassed overed

 

post-10153-0-35325100-1313063112_thumb.jpg

 

 

Dash all glassed up and ready for the stainless sheet face

 

post-10153-0-31819800-1313063132_thumb.jpg

 

 

New dash panel

 

post-10153-0-14513500-1313063154_thumb.jpg

 

 

New to the old (with allowance for 2 more gauges if I need in the future)

 

post-10153-0-89640500-1313063173_thumb.jpg

PIMP!! kken to see the dash as mine i farked but i don't wanna fork out huge dollars to get it fixed.

  • Author

PIMP!! kken to see the dash as mine i farked but i don't wanna fork out huge dollars to get it fixed.

 

 

Not too sure what you are trying to say with the above?

  • Author

Sneak peek while I do the write up, should have it uploaded tonight.

 

post-10153-0-89117000-1313402080_thumb.jpg

 

. . . . stay tuned.

  • Author

The last two weekends my little bomb has undergone a heart transplant. Well I’ll let the pictures do most of the talking.

First of all I premade the engine mounts.

 

post-10153-0-41650000-1313405777_thumb.jpg

 

post-10153-0-33201600-1313405808_thumb.jpg

 

post-10153-0-55515600-1313405838_thumb.jpg

 

post-10153-0-20899700-1313405861_thumb.jpg

 

 

Removal of the engine

 

post-10153-0-78223200-1313405888_thumb.jpg

 

 

Fitment of a test block, making sure it was sitting in alignment before welding any of the engine mounts. To help the test block sit in alignment (level and in the centre) I used rope to hold it in place before tack welding the mounts to the engine.

 

post-10153-0-27064800-1313405918_thumb.jpg

 

 

Engine mounts all welded up

 

post-10153-0-23002200-1313405955_thumb.jpg

 

 

W58 on standard KE35 gearbox mount

 

post-10153-0-27531700-1313405995_thumb.jpg

 

 

How the engine sits in the engine bay

 

post-10153-0-51837500-1313406022_thumb.jpg

 

post-10153-0-29583600-1313406041_thumb.jpg

 

 

W58 Gearbox and Nites Bellhousing

 

post-10153-0-96546700-1313406073_thumb.jpg

 

 

How the gear shifter comes through into the car.

 

post-10153-0-51568800-1313406116_thumb.jpg

 

 

Engine sitting in place

 

post-10153-0-71406100-1313406154_thumb.jpg

 

post-10153-0-82165900-1313406171_thumb.jpg

 

post-10153-0-82795200-1313406186_thumb.jpg

 

post-10153-0-00867900-1313406202_thumb.jpg

Did you want a shifter housing a bit further forward towards the firewall?

Edited by cuzzo

  • Author

Did you want a shifter housing a bit further forward towards the firewall?

 

No, I think the shifter will be fine in this position (as I do not have to cut/extend holes in the transmission tunnel) and I can always bend the gearstick to suit if I feel the need to adjust it. Well that is what I am thinking now, because I ordered the gearbox to suit the hole in the transmission tunnel.

 

Do you have the shifter position closer to the firewall in yours?

Edited by _FNQ_rolla_

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.