Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7Agte 20V Blacktop

Featured Replies

  • Author

A bit of an update;

 

Looking back through my thread, I took out the dash in August and I was going to have the dash restored, but after a few phone calls this was going to cost over $500 to send the dash south and have it sent back (I could not see the value in this so that idea was scrapped). Looking through the for sale section I came across a late model KE30 dash that “Mr EvanG” was selling, so I gave Evan a call and about 3 days later all the way from Melbourne came a perfect brand new/second hand dash. I would like to say a big thank you for the extra effort Evan did with the extra padding around of the dash when it was sent up to Cairns.

 

I cancelled the order of the Borgwarner Turbo (its been over 6 months and no one could tell me how much longer I would have to wait). I have ordered a T28 turbo but it is a mixed and match affair, so I am hoping to have it with in the next 2 weeks.

 

I will have to position the turbo in the engine bay and make up a jig to position it and send the jig down to Kyle at 6Boost to make a turbo manifold. Kyle said it could take up to 4 – 8 weeks wait for one of his custom manifolds depending on how much work he has on at the time.

 

In the mean time (last week) I have bought an ECU for the little old bomb, the brand is a ViPEC which is the same as what my engine tuner uses and sells. (My engine tuner has just put together for himself a 7AGE).

 

Its been so bloody hot up here (in Cairns) and the humidity is just stupid this time of the year, so I can not be bothered to even start on the wiring and I have to move house in about a months time so I will wait until I’m at the new place to make a start.

 

So the plan over the next few months are (but not necessary in the following order;

 

1. Wire up the car for the ViPEC ecu and finish off the dash, and to hide as much as possible wiring under the bonnet.

2. Make up some new hard lines for the fuel system

3. Make up a new radiator and an intercooler to keep things cool

4. Mount the turbo and make up an exhaust (3 ½ inch dump and a 3inch system with 2 x 2inch pipes up and over the diff to exit out the back)

 

Then the car should be ready to go back on the road.

 

Sorry for all of the words and no photo’s coz everyone wants photo’s.

  • Replies 334
  • Views 720.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Ok, some more pics for you all.   Dash is nearly all stripped out (going to total rewire everything as I am fussy at what I do)       Filling in the cracks in the dash pad       I used a

  • _FNQ_rolla_
    _FNQ_rolla_

    Hi there, The motor only has done 350kms and I have already done an oil change so it was off to the rollers for a tune (I really did not like driving it with the base tune).   We only took the boos

Posted Images

Nice update!!!

Won't take long after you have a turbo bolted in place.

Have you considered a local option for your manifold? There is a gentleman named Warrick (used to be on QSS) who does exceptionally good work. Does manifolds, and from all reports just as good as 6boost.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey fnq. I got a new number. I'll pm it toyou

 

Hey your PM did not work, just text it through because I have not been on here alot latley because I am in between house's

  • Author

Have you considered a local option for your manifold? There is a gentleman named Warrick (used to be on QSS) who does exceptionally good work. Does manifolds, and from all reports just as good as 6boost.

 

To be honest I did not even consider anyone local. I have always had Kyle from 6Boost build all of my turbo manifolds, because of the high standards and “they work”. I have seen some manifolds that have been build locally and to be honest I do not know how they would make anything spool.

 

Thanks for letting me know about Warrick, but I will be using Kyle again.

  • Author

Progress?

 

I have a lot of parts on order that should be here in April so there will be some more progress from then.

To be honest I did not even consider anyone local. I have always had Kyle from 6Boost build all of my turbo manifolds, because of the high standards and “they work”. I have seen some manifolds that have been build locally and to be honest I do not know how they would make anything spool.

 

Thanks for letting me know about Warrick, but I will be using Kyle again.

 

I'm really confused on this, I agree 6boost have a great name for themselves,

 

But had alot of people make their own manifolds and are quite well know cars in the Brissy scene, with no probs at all,

 

The more I see Kyles work, I'm impressed

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Hey it’s been a while between updates (with some work) but I have been a little busy with moving house and it has been far too bloody hot to do any work. Now that I have settled into my new place and the heart and humidity is not too fierce I have done some more work on the little old bomb.

I’ll let the pictures do the talking.

 

I have just about all of the electronics sorted

 

 

 

post-10153-0-24794500-1334748839_thumb.jpg

 

post-10153-0-67204800-1334748866_thumb.jpg

 

Sorting out the new wiring

 

 

 

post-10153-0-33471800-1334748905_thumb.jpg

 

Taping up a new wiring harness to make it a little bit tidier

 

 

 

 

post-10153-0-45754800-1334748932_thumb.jpg

 

Harness all in place, I have tried to hide most of the wiring

 

 

 

 

post-10153-0-45717000-1334748953_thumb.jpg

 

Wires behind the dash for all of the lights and gauges

 

 

 

 

post-10153-0-30863700-1334748986_thumb.jpg

 

Dash all connected and in place

Looks tidy Gavin. Give me a text one day. I'd love to help or something. I'm always bored

Hey! Be nice.

 

I don't have funds to get my car going yet :/

 

I'm an apprentice with bills

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.