Why So Many Ke Corollas In South Australia??

Members dont see this ad
it seems to me that there are more KE2x corollas in Adelaide than any other part of the country and considering other cities have larger populations that doesnt really make sense, is there any particular reason that SA has a buttload of nice old corollas??

sydney: people upgrade when something new comes in to "keep up with the jones'es" so the old one gets junked.

canberra: roundabouts and, well, roundabouts.

melb: with our weather it's a surprise anything has survived.

perth: ........it's perth, need i say more.

bris: anything less than a landcruiser or hilux will just be an ornament perched in a tree due to floods, a pile of rust or a paddock bomb after 5 yrs. (altho curly does his best to find the best)

Lack of annual roadworthy's will do it for sure

Plus the fact we don't need roadworthy's when selling so we can sell any old sack of shit plenty of times

Also SA a cheap place to live so people have more cashola for Rolla's :P

And we are just cool :no2:

Also SA a cheap place to live so people have more cashola for Rolla's :P

After living for 7 years in melbourne, I call bullshit on this one Luke.

But anyway, I've often wondered why this is, and I'd say almost definitely the lack of roadworthies (a la melbourne) or yearly inspections (NSW?) is the reason there's still so many getting around.

Edited by philbey

You can still sell cars interstate without an inspection.

Look at my panel van. Plenty I need to do before it even sees the road and it came from Melbourne.

I'd say the reason is because of the income level of the majority of young people. It's sure getting hard to find parts for these though.

Had a thought the other day, Wasn't the holden plant based in SA around the same time and Toyota in NSW?

So wouldn't it be a good counter measure for Toyota to send numerous cars to SA to compete with a manufacturer in the same state?

Ha probably why there is so many commodores in woolongong :bash: