The New But Old

greenmac80

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers, LOL all i wanna do is paint the thing!!

progress tonight. put the urethane on the door inside and out.

Image0151.jpg

Image0150.jpg

and also started priming the car.

the primer i'm using is a single pack primer from protec. its and etch and an adhesion promoter.

more got done after the pics. pretty much all the bare metal surfaces and covered now.

Image0153.jpg

Image0154.jpg

Image0152.jpg

more progress is happening but my stupid phone broke so no piccies. BOO to Nokia, Nokia can burn in hell... sick of their unreliable phones.!

more bare metalling done..

some panel beating and the first stages of smoothing beaten areas and fixing the roof done.

hope to spend some more time on it over the next few arvos

and get more of it in primer.

lovin it!!

there is only one place in adelaide that I'm aware of that will do a properly heat sealed vinyl roof and they are not cheap! most are just stiched and moisture can still get through and cause damage. i know this because a guy at my work restoring a xb to orig spec got a new vinyl roof for it cost him around 1k.

i think that the ke10 would look far better without a vinyl roof, but thats my opinion. colour choice looks good will be interesting to see it on a old girl.

• 1 month later...

haven't done too much to this lately.. been working on the daily more..

but i've started designing flares for it...

40mm

Image0023.jpg

Image0022.jpg

don't mind the bog.. i' trying out a new method... they do it in the states where you skim the car with a layer of bog.. and sand it back.

its working really well. you panel beat the dents. skim it sand back with 40grit and basically in one hit its straight.

and i've collected ke20 front end gear for it.

the one at the workshop is only 6cfm and it farking shagged

i have recently lay-by'd a new one.. its 6.5 cfm but new and will flow plenty of air for spraying cars.

why u ask?

I'm going to be spraying the inner guards and doors of my Ke11 soonish. I can't remember the flow of my father compressor but its small and direct drive so i don't think its much.

a small compressor wil be fine for small areas.. its when your spraying an entire car.. you have to keep the 2 pack 'wet' so you need to spray without stopping so you need a larger one.

i sprayed a trailer with a 100l/min direct drive thing and you could get through a quarter of it at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

so progress is still happening with this thing..

currently its tipped up on its side.

diff has been removed. and i've begun rust repairs.

the bottom rear quarter on te drivers side has had to be completely rebuilt. the outside has been finished.. still need to repair the wheel well and the backside of the bottom bit.

also cut out a huge chunk of rust in the sill panel.. really annoying here as both layers of metal a fubar so i'm having to try and stitch in 2 layers to retain

the stock drainage and strength..

attempted to use a gravity fed sandblaster to do the bottom of my floor pan but it takes way too long.. so the car will be heading to my work soon. there it will have the floor pan blasted..

then stitch weld the chassis and primed in a protec zinc phosphate.

flares are being ditched.. not doing em car is taking a different direction will go bolt ons later on. although temporary its gonna get regoed with a 3k and become the daily for a while..

the current daily will come off the rd for a full rust cut and repaint.

the reasoning behind this is the fact that the 11 will have to go through regency for rego so i have to put a stock engine in it anyways. so this being fresh and stock will give me good timing to redo the paint on the ke30.. will be schmiko when finished.