Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steering Wheel

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I have a 78' ke35 and was wondering people's opinions on sport steering wheels. I've had a Isotta steering wheel for about 5 years and just fitted it to the rolla, but don't know if it's to 'try hardyish' or does it make it more acceptable to 'window shoppers'. It feels a bit better when driving but not sure if I'm coming off as a tool or not.....

Mate who cares what people think.. if you like it, hit it up! Ke35 are kinda sporty anyway. Pretty sure they are defectable though if thats something your worried about... not sure about window shoppers, I doubt it would make a difference. I guess it depends on what kind of steering wheel it is though. Some of them are pretty wack looking IMO :)

  • Author

Actually that was another thing, it came with a compliance sheet and sticker, but was filled out for the original car (a toyota Camry...i was young....). Is it still compliant with this car or does it depend on age of car and stuff like that.

 

 

This is like it, but instead of red it's silver:

 

post-9470-1278575705_thumb.jpg

Period correctness and/or continuity is the key to making any car look 'better' than stock.

 

Ricey shiney multicoloured Isotta wheel on 32 year old car = FAIL

 

If you had a WRX with hektik dolce DC-12's and neons, then it'd be perfect :)

 

Go for a Nardi classic or similar. Old design, yet timeless and classy.

i read that the steering wheel has to be within an inch size of the old steering wheel. also if you have airbags then you can't replace your wheel unless its with one that has a compatible air bag system.

 

i am in qld and don't hold me to it. i put a smaller wheel on my car (just plain blue sporty 80s looking on) and i've been pulled over multi times and have coppers look over my car (happens when you cruise with turbo imports they think your car is off the hook haha). Instead of questioning the steering wheel they did me for a deflated spare tyre.

i know a certian ke20 running a 1000hp 2jz using the standard steering wheel :)

Period correctness and/or continuity is the key to making any car look 'better' than stock.

 

Ricey shiney multicoloured Isotta wheel on 32 year old car = FAIL

 

If you had a WRX with hektik dolce DC-12's and neons, then it'd be perfect :)

 

Go for a Nardi classic or similar. Old design, yet timeless and classy.

I 100% agree with 7shades i'll be running a nardi on my 20

So much of it has too be personal preference, for me most standard wheels are often to thin, but that is just my choice, but if you want to have a replacement wheel then make sure it is in keeping with the rest of the style of the car, to me that is the most important.

 

On the choice of the wheel and boss kit make sure that they are Australian standards approved, that you choose the right boss kit that fits. A poor fitting one is very very dangerous.

Personally had no-name aftermarket steering wheels (cheap 2nd hand) and Nardi / Momo's

 

Found the Nardi (350mm deep corn because I have long legs) to be the best one so far. Personally feels so much better and have more confidence in it, but you won't know / understand till you try it out yourself

 

Cheers Ross

Nardi deep dish (^^^) - red stiching goes with anything, pricey but 100% win.

Edited by Jason

I have a red momo trek on my KE55. The 55 is blue with silver stripes, but the engine block is red and my sparco seat is red so I got a red wheel. I think it looks a little toolish, but I love it. I've also got blue plastic checker-plate on my dash, so it sorta gives it that ricer feel. Love the feel of it much more than the KE55 wheel that was covered in 30 years of gunk and I think because it's leather and a little thicker it doesn't heat up so much on hot days.

 

I agree with Oh-KE, it's your car, do what you like :P

 

post-539-1278662504_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sloth

I agree that this is a personal preference thing... but I cringe when I see an old car (edit: pre Ke70) with one of those tacky looking sports wheels. Ruins the whole look in my opinion.

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.