Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steering Wheel

Featured Replies

I have a red momo trek on my KE55. The 55 is blue with silver stripes, but the engine block is red and my sparco seat is red so I got a red wheel. I think it looks a little toolish, but I love it. I've also got blue plastic checker-plate on my dash, so it sorta gives it that ricer feel. Love the feel of it much more than the KE55 wheel that was covered in 30 years of gunk and I think because it's leather and a little thicker it doesn't heat up so much on hot days.

 

I agree with Oh-KE, it's your car, do what you like :P

 

post-539-1278662504_thumb.jpg

 

No offense, but I just threw up. The wheel is bad enough, but checkerplate belongs in silver in a ute-tray, not in blue on a dash.

No offense, but I just threw up. The wheel is bad enough, but checkerplate belongs in silver in a ute-tray, not in blue on a dash.

 

:P :bash:

 

It's all good. I get that a bit, hehehe. Like I said there is also red fixed back sparco race seat.... I also have neons in the footwells, undercar neons and washer LEDs (that flash in time with the indicators) that complete the look, LOL.

 

I'm a bit of a try hard ricer at heart so I love it, but I understand the look isn't for everyone and it always bring a bit of joy whenever I see someone shaking their head in disapprovement. The checkerplate was done by my dad one day (as were the washer neons) when I left the car at his house and he was bored. He also resprayed the engine bay chrome. We are both people who don't like to take life too seriously.

 

On a sidenote though, the neons in the footwells actually help me when driving at night (having all the extra light adjusts your eyes so that you don't get blinded by headlights).

Yeah, so wrong on many levels. Mostly because it's an old car, I don't like it when people try to modernise them. Like it's said before here, periodically correct mods are winnar.

 

This was borderline for me, especially considering that white 'Targa' lettering, but overall I think it looked pretty good:

rollanyratt.jpg

Edited by eiriksmil

best ones would have to be momo prototipo and nardi classic...

  • Author

Yeah I've decided after 2 days of driving, even at night it doesn't look right. It feels alot better cause of the little thumby bits makes it feel a bit sportier but it just doesn't look right and I don't have the original compliance papers so I'm worried a cop will defect me. And I've run out of cash so i'll probably be selling the Isotta wheel soon.

Not my car. But have driven a KE3x myself with a twinky/ADM 86 wheel. Sits nice and close. close to stock diameter.

 

post-5493-1278765730.jpg

jst my opinion but i've driven a KE3x with a twinky like like above.. and i reckon its horrible... for starters no twincam engine.

sits too close and is still massive. my opinion. seriously pick a wheel that your comfortable with..

i've had one with a flat bottom i liked it but i much prefer the round woodgrain one i have now.

By too close do you mean too close to the driver? Thats one thing I found when I had boss kit and sport wheel is was too close to me..

 

I'm heaps keen on a stock leather wrapped steering wheel kinda like this one(but obviously on a corolla wheel and maybe in black although brown would be chill) http://www.americangranada.com/owners/toms_76_granada-4.jpg

 

With the leather twisted around it... The only issue I have with stock steering wheel is its kinda thin and also can get slippery. This would help both.

Edited by Oh-KE

jst my opinion but i've driven a KE3x with a twinky like like above.. and i reckon its horrible... for starters no twincam engine.

sits too close and is still massive.

 

As you said, personal opinions.

 

As for what it says on the wheel, there aint no autotechnica under the bonnet either :P

As you said, personal opinions.

 

As for what it says on the wheel, there aint no autotechnica under the bonnet either :P

 

thats the brand of wheel,

completely different thing i think someone's getting a bit defensive about his 'little secret'.

My mechanic just gave me his old sports steering wheel. I chucked it on tonight and it feels great but i don't think it suits the car. Its a autotecnica round woodgrain with pollished alloy and has a toyota symbol for the horn. Its about 1 inch smaller than the stock wheel and sits a little closer to the dash but it feels great to drive :(

to be honest man

being "tryhard" shouldnt have a definition if you need to ask people what to do to YOUR car just to please others... then yes you are being try hard

 

its your car do whatver you want to it.... sure some things might not be socially accepted (especially by cops) ><

but in the end if you enjoy your own project thats whats important imo.

 

just my 2cents

peace

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.