Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When Is A 3k A 4k ?

Featured Replies

I have a 3k engine stamped 3k, however once the sump is remove the crank has 4k stamped on it.

I checked the deck and yep the deck is 10mm higher than a 3k, The stroke is 73mm.

Are there any other marks I can look for ????

Cheers

Andy

that must meen you have a dodgey 3k :(

 

probably someone cut off the engine no. and glued it onto the 4k to get the 4k in there sneakily

maybe check for signs of tampeing around the engine no.?

I have a 3k engine stamped 3k, however once the sump is remove the crank has 4k stamped on it.

I checked the deck and yep the deck is 10mm higher than a 3k, The stroke is 73mm.

Are there any other marks I can look for ????

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,You may have a 3K block with a 4k crank installed ,Making it a "3K stroker".Great for 1200cc class racing.This can be done using lower deck height pistons.Remember he who cheats the most with out getting caught wins. :(

Hi Andy,You may have a 3K block with a 4k crank installed ,Making it a "3K stroker".Great for 1200cc class racing.This can be done using lower deck height pistons.Remember he who cheats the most with out getting caught wins. :D

Except the crank has 4k stamped on it :(

  • Author

I suspect you may be correct, the problem is in our class of racing they measure the stroke when the engine has its head off, you then put the head on they install a seal, if the seal is broken you cannot race.

Bugger.

Remember he who cheats the most is the biggest looser regardless, weather he gets caught or not. :(

 

Blockheight and sump bolt pattern are easy ID signs of 3k <>4k

Hi Andy,You may have a 3K block with a 4k crank installed ,Making it a "3K stroker

 

Deck-height increase would mean that he doesn't have a 3K block. I'm joining the "3k number on a 4k engine" crowd.

In saying that though, I'm a big fan of the great Smokey Yunick, who ran by the philosophies "it's only cheating if you get caught" and "the other bastards are doing it 10-times worse"

  • Author

Down and dusted I think 4k rebadged for what ever reason to 3k.

For the record

The engine number.

post-8902-1279001098.jpg

 

The crank

post-8902-1279001245.jpg

 

The deck high note distance between water pump bolts and block face.

post-8902-1279001355.jpg

 

For good measure here's what a 3k should look like.

post-8902-1279001438.jpg

 

Cheers

Andy

I'm pretty sure the "3k" should be in line with the rest of the numbers, so deffinately looks like a re-stamp.:(

 

Bingo!

I'm pretty sure the "3k" should be in line with the rest of the numbers, so deffinately looks like a re-stamp. Maybe sell the motor to TWF#14...... he's right into cheating!!!! :(

 

 

hahahaha

Edited by TWF#14

Wrong, mine is lined up exactly the same as that.... I still think it is a re-stamp, but I don't think he stamped in the wrong spot.

 

gallery_4749_294_1245792.jpg

and if i was a cheat how wuold u no mate????

 

Because you constantly start pointless, well covered questions, normally about heads and how you're trying to cheat your way to winning.

 

Except it - You need to use a 3k for speedway...... that included the 3k head. So stop asking RC members to effectively help you cheat.

 

 

I think I speak for all of the admin/mods (including the "f@$k stain" who locked your thread yesterday) when I say we're sick of your shit. Shape up or ship out. :P

Because you constantly start pointless, well covered questions, normally about heads and how you're trying to cheat your way to winning.

 

Except it - You need to use a 3k for speedway...... that included the 3k head. So stop asking RC members to effectively help you cheat.

 

 

I think I speak for all of the admin/mods (including the "f@$k stain" who locked your thread yesterday) when I say we're sick of your shit. Shape up or ship out. :P

 

 

Lol i havnt asked one RC member to help me cheat bud and yeh i no i do asked alot of questions but no need to call me a cheat because i ask questions and if i was i wuold of got caught but the motor got stripped down and guess what i didnt cheat? so ur wrong budddy :(

Edited by TWF#14

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.