Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gjm85'S Ke20 Build

Featured Replies

  • Author

post-8643-0-06387800-1375168197_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-45828900-1375168229_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-63630900-1375168270_thumb.jpg

 

Unexplainable differences with RCA's.

  • Replies 604
  • Views 509.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • HIGH ROLLER
    HIGH ROLLER

    Mr GJM, I gotta admit, when I first saw this thread a while back, I thought "oh yeah, ke20, k-motor...ghey"....being from the everything-must-be-turbo camp myself. I just read through this whole thr

  • no paint on the wheels man, just polish polish polish..... then stop for beer..... then polish polish

  • how much your clutch end up settin ya back, and i loooove the progress and colour on it and your attention to detail is brilliant   watchin high quality builds motivates me to get my celica done too

Posted Images

post-8643-0-67663300-1374824925_thumb.jpg

 

Gosh this thing looks good.

Just spent about an hour reading your whole thread nice work, seems like you had some fun along the way. It all makes the final product so much sweeter. Such a tidy old Rolla nice work mate.

  • 3 weeks later...

Great read, love your work mate.

 

Be really interested to hear what it does on the dyno, assuming you can find somewhere trustworthy to take it!

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I'm going to start logging the degradation of this vehicle. Over the past 3+ years since the body work, rust and paint flakes are coming through.

Not overly interested in trying to save her. I've had my fun, spent a small fortune and have learned many lessons. Next time I'll start with a much better body.

I'm just gonna drive her till she can't drive no more. Then ill rebuild the motor again for another rolla.

Edited by GJM85

  • Author

There's brown shit in my coolant. Yay!

  • Author

Check out what my brother found at the Beaudesert dump. For just 5$ here it is. Proud owner of another shallow 5k.

Standard bore, bunged off 5k head with hydraulic kit. Good looking fuel pump, but look at what came out of the sump. Has 4 prong spark plugs for some reason.

Very happy chap here apart from the fact that my 6 year old son left the plug in the bathroom sink with the tap running and now I'm busy doing a water dance drying carpet with every square inch of towel in the house.

 

Where do we go from here? What that in the back ground?

 

post-8643-0-09511200-1380452808_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-46038400-1380453031_thumb.jpgpost-8643-0-70332700-1380452930_thumb.jpg

you drove past me today at the back of ormeau i was on the mower. car looks the goods on the road dude.

  • Author

Cheers mate. Always good hear from fellow members. Which side of the road were you on?

Hello boost! I see you mr S/C series charger!!!

On the right side. Its so rare to see other ke2x on the road. I think yours is the 3rd in 2 years

  • Author

On the right side. Its so rare to see other ke2x on the road. I think yours is the 3rd in 2 years

 

In the 3 years I've only seen one with the exception of car shows & that was a matte black one in Samford.

  • 4 months later...
  • Author
post-8643-0-56906100-1391941445_thumb.jpg
  • 1 month later...
  • Author

It's a long story. Nye on 12 years ago my first car, a sky blue CS ke70, I gave to my old man. He proceeded to convert it too a 3T.

The original engine and gearbox (4k) was set up on a jig and donated to Flagstone State High Schools engineering department.

Now it's back home...

 

post-8643-0-63312900-1395226202_thumb.jpg

Terrific read through this thread.

 

Your car is absolutely superb!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.