Setup Your Car For Drifting

SLW42

Members dont see this ad

The Drift Bible DVD that Keiichi Tsuchiya put out years ago also helps if you can see it in action and watch what he's doing as it covers various techniques.

Theory first, practical to follow ;)

That how I learnt....in an EA Falcon of all things back when I was 19.

• 2 weeks later...

The Drift Bible DVD that Keiichi Tsuchiya put out years ago also helps if you can see it in action and watch what he's doing as it covers various techniques.

Theory first, practical to follow ;)

That how I learnt....in an EA Falcon of all things back when I was 19.

i had a ea s pac with jem engine bored out rebuild , extractors , mandrel bent 2.75 exhaust , yellaterra racing flywheel , 5 speed, 3.9 multipoint ( up to 4.1) was the best drift beast ive had for a long time !!!!really good fun ! wish i didnt sell her , would make an awesome drift / track only car ,as no one runs them !! ( if only it was a toyota) .

i had a ea s pac with jem engine bored out rebuild , extractors , mandrel bent 2.75 exhaust , yellaterra racing flywheel , 5 speed, 3.9 multipoint ( up to 4.1) was the best drift beast ive had for a long time !!!!really good fun ! wish i didnt sell her , would make an awesome drift / track only car ,as no one runs them !! ( if only it was a toyota) .

Heaps of people drift falcons hahaha, I for one do (when I have my licence)

How'd it go with the jem motor in it? I had an ea s pack for awhile with a 3.9L, multipoint and 5speed it was a hunk of poo, although 1st and 2nd gear are really short in ea's and it makes it a lot of fun

Mine consisted of this:

1988 EA Falcon

EB 4.0l MPFI Conversion

5 Speed Manual

EB XR8 LSD (3.43:1)

Front & Rear Pedders Sports Sway Bars

Pedders Sports Ryder Shocks

Pedders Sports Ryder Springs

The handbrake cable had frayed and the handbrake was inoperable, so it was either shift-locking it before the corner or trail braking to shift the weight and counter-steering before the corner.

Went quite hard, spent too much on it, and sold it for a fraction of what I spent on it after I was done with it.

Thats only one of my 20 cars I've had though.

Edited by Raven

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I've been searching up as much as I can on how the D1GP and FD AE86 are setup as KE70 are very similar and I found this one quite interesting so I thought I'd put it up here. It also explains the reason why I've got 6' rims and not 8'+

Also proves the point that you don't need massive POOWWEERR(Jeremy Clarkson voice) to drift.

http://www.jdm-optio...p/06_01/86.html

Though I can't put up all my findings ;)

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

• 2 weeks later...

I manage to kick it out in my ke70 and i have stock suspension, no LSD, and almost grip-less tyres both on the rear and front. I don't have any mods, just a freshly serviced 4K, lol.