280kw 4age Into Ke20

ke20rollin

Members dont see this ad
At a guess I reckon if the engine is as well built as the guy makes it out to be, running at around 45psi you could probably make that figure. :hmm:

Either way I suggest you try running it at 45psi as soon as possible and return to us with the result. Preferably have someone record it with video from a distance, and show them how to post using your account.

lol, with nice cams and a GT3040 or bigger i would expect it to make that type of power on 30psi or less.

I don't disbelieve the power figure, just the boost it made it on

cheers

darren

I am not getting into the power/psi debate, cause that's not really my area of expertise, but I will offer my thoughts on the brakes.

I would absolutely recommend a front brake kit from Hoppers Stoppers. I have the kit installed on my 4AGE KE10.

The Hoppers kit was specifically designed for a KE20 (one of the guys who works at hoppers used his KE20 as the test car when they developed the corolla kit) and are really well engineered.

I went through a few different variations of brakes before I decided to stop wasting my time and buy the Hoppers kit.

You need to make sure you have the right master cylinder bore size to push enough fluid to the calipers and you have to run 15s to clear.

Diff wise, I have a shortened R31 skyline diff in mine, currently with a standard centre. As RadRollaz said, the borgy diff suits the shape of the corolla body quite well. Plus the disc brakes are standard on these diffs, p[arts are cheap and a good range of LSD centres are available (although they are rather expensive..).

I don't have a big power engine, and the car isn't running as yet but everything fits well. Sure it adds a bit of weight to the back end, but I think with a 710kg car I can get away with it.

• 2 months later...

Hi Mate,

Ive got a KE30 coupe running a 13bt also.

I'm making well in excess of 300rwk but thats on 22psi.

I'm running a shortended R31 rear diff,31 spline axles and a LSD centre with tramp bars. Never had a problem.

Also running the AU hopper stopper kit up front with R31 rear discs. Pulls up fine from 250km/h.

Hope this helps.

mechanical injection , forged everything, monoblock, formula one style intakes and head design, bout 14.5-15.1 compression

running methanol. av-gas

titanium rods and pins

a really good ecu/loom custom made

run it like a dragster engine. the piston is basically half full of fuel

10,000 rpm rev limit

then 7 psi

and you will get the figures

just thought i would add to this for the fun of it

Harry

Edited by ae95- wagon kid

• 1 year later...

Ok ok, If you said 140kw on 7 psi would be more debatable.

Plus your shot off NOS to double the power.ROFL

Will you have one of those computer things in your car that says danger to manifold to which you can reply shut up?