280kw 4age Into Ke20

ke20rollin

hey there. started a new project and scrapped the the other 3t gte ke20 project for now.

purchased a very clean and straight ke20 last week. and have a 4age i wanna put it

a little about this engine. ITS OFF ITS HEAD... literally. my mate had it in an mg be4 it collected a pole and now its mine a few thousand later

he dyno'd the car at 280kw at the wheels, on 7psi. btw the engines turbo'd. t3

this engine is going to run daily at 30 psi. yes believe it or not 30 psi DAILY

my concern now, is what diff to use. i want something light. my other ke20 has a fiat diff, but I'm not sure if it will handle that much power. i need the diff to be tuff

ive considered hilux or triton, 3.9 or 4.11. what will one recommend? i want the gears to stretch

or is the something else that will work better? i don't mind modifying the diff. I'm planning to minitub

gearbox wise, its got a custom built supra. with short shift. 5spd and brass button clutch which atm slips and needs changing

now for the brakes. this is what i want to do first before i drop the engine in.

its got the stock brakes atm. whats would be the best thing to do here? i need this to stop.

is it possible to get the shole front struts off a different car, and get it to fit?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

pics to be up soon. please don't ask whats in the engine. my answer will be its a secret. lets just say the best of the best of the best is in there.

Members dont see this ad

So you have e85 on the pumps in sydney, not fair....

Diff - hilux. different lengths can be obtained from different models, if you are going to mini tub make sure you clear the diff/tunnel while you are at it.

OKE20 runs on a cut down hilux diff................

Brakes- do some research on here, I'm not aware of a strut that bolts in, there are plenty for the ke30 model,

but for a ke20 a bit more creativity is required.

edit. ratios, use a higher ratio, as in 3.7 or at least 3.9, overpowered cars do not require the real low ratios.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

I'm pretty sure you can use a strut with a disk brake from any corolla up to ae71, and I would look into a late model e series falcon diff or as suggested a hilux diff, even a shortened r31 diff should go alright, mate, it sounds like you have a good idea of what you wanna do with the car, good luck with it!. :jamie:

280kw?? only 7psi? dyno sheets are in order! Or the bigger question is, have you personaly seen the dyno result or was it that he told you it made that mutch power?

You won't find too mutch beievers without some evidence to back it up, but the communtiy will try to help you find a great diff. Lol at 30psi daily!! Grenade motor!!!

Because I assume you don't want 30psi to drive around like a granny :jamie:

Again a hilux diff is something you might want to look at as they have been proven time and again to survive a beating.

maybe it was 260hp?? as that would be around 191kw which might just be a little bit more believable

but on 7psi?

i would maybe belive the 280kw on 30psi, but id hope it was built fairly well, as i don't think it would last toooo long.

but even 280kw at wheels is 375HP....big asplosion iminent.

maybe the OP has confused between at the wheels and at the engine power figures, and possibly between HP and KW figures.

i like the idea of an R31 diff, not to big, but good enough to do the job, and you can get LSDs for them. hilux is a bit of an overkill i reckon. torago is not a bad option (yr22 i belive), but its still pretty big.

For reference, FLYNSX, one of _the_ biggest and most powerful 4AGTE builds in the country, has run about 270kw ATW (front wheels, mind you) on Martini 110 race fuel and 30psi boost. 280kw on 7psi is ridiculously bullshit (GZEs run 8-ish pounds STOCK and they only do 120-odd at the engine)

Anyone else think that the original post is a typo and it's supposed to be 27psi?

Edited by Hiro Protagonist