What Generation Corolla Is The Best?

Oh-KE

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted fourth as my favourite. I've driven 3rd, 4th (AE70 Sprinter, AE71 Sedans at/mt, KE70 Sedans at/mt + 4AGE, KE70 vans and wagons, TE72), 5th (good 4A-C AE82's and bad), 6th (AE93 SX).

All have their pro's and cons but the E7 series has the most pro's. AE71 Sedans with manual trans being my favourite. Some models from 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen have dead sexy looks but the standard driveline in our Aussie crap we got of the first three gens is uninspiring. 4th Gen onwards are good fun too but front wheel drives are just not as much fun when the heavens open up. Toyota really got a lot of things right with the E7. Most have r&p steering, still RWD format, most models look really good, especially overseas versions, coil sprung rear (except wagon and van), good weight distribution, still a light car, comfy as (T-18 seats fit any model E7 and fix the problems that the aussie seats cause).

one must define "best" before voting though..

for ease of parts finding, and price of parts, 3rd, 5th, 7th.

for decent engines that are pretty good in stocko form, 8th, 9th + (but FWD lets them down..)

for pure cool factor, 1st, and maybe 2nd (ke20 aus here)

but you cannot you cannot go past the te27 as the toughest looking car, and it just has that classic look that none of the otherse have.