Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Took My Rolla For A Little Drive

Featured Replies

The weather was nice, I missed driving my KE70 and I had an 8 hour drive in front of me. Rolla time!

 

Ready for a trip:

IMG006-2-1.jpg

 

Cruising out of the capital:

IMG012-2.jpg

 

Quick pitstop, car needed food :)

IMG013-2-1.jpg

 

Another pitstop, the driver needed food :) I sorta liked this shot, car looks so content here :)

IMG016-2.jpg

 

Getting down south, about 300 kms away from Oslo. I lived here for a year so I always feel at home when I pass here :) Weird passing and not exiting the highway here, haha..

IMG036-2.jpg

 

Norway is beautiful..!

IMG046-2.jpg

 

Racing into the world's most beautiful sunset:

IMG057-2-1.jpg

 

My camera died here.. I was almost there and it rained the following days and on the return. I drove 1300 kms, brought no spares or tools, the Rolla never failed. Got pulled over by a cop after passing a truck on the way home. Didn't comment on the overtake, speeding or not even the look of the car, haha.. I love my Rolla :)

Place looks beautiful, what are the laws for rust?

Wow, as soon as you'd pull out here in Aus you'd get pulled over and destroyed by fines and defects haha. Looks awesome!

Love reading your threads eirik. And just not for a laugh but the photos are pretty good as well. Like how you've parked your chariot up near the other heaps in one shot.

The cars rego plates are they stickers ?

  • Author

Place looks beautiful, what are the laws for rust?

 

You can't have rust in construction that's bearing, ie rusted out frame rails and strut towers etc. The boot should probably not be full of holes either. Incidentally, mine is. But;

 

Love reading your threads eirik. And just not for a laugh but the photos are pretty good as well. Like how you've parked your chariot up near the other heaps in one shot.

The cars rego plates are they stickers ?

 

My car is (surprisingly eh) not approved for the road. Every 2nd year the car needs to be inspected, I didn't even bother getting it inspected this year as I have two other cars to use. The red sticker plates are provisional plates you can buy from the DMV, so that's what I do when I want to drive this car, drop in on the day, buy some plates and drive into the sunset.. :)

 

The hope is to one day have the car on regular plates again, I want to do the car up but the exterior looking exactly as it is ;)

Love the pics. Would love to try something similar with my Corona... but on a WA scale :lol:

 

Perth to Broome... 2237km drive each way, would need 4 days for that return trip :lol:

 

Edit: and I wouldn't risk the no spares thing on those roads... spare hoses, belts, water pump, heaps of water and spare tyre a must. Oh and something to clean the front end when I hit one of those stupid cows that always stand on the road at night ;)

 

 

2nd Edit: ...Best sunsets by far are in Broome, ask anyone who's seen one there :)

Edited by 67Rolla-Ken

Love the pics. Would love to try something similar with my Corona... but on a WA scale :lol:

 

Perth to Broome... 2237km drive each way, would need 4 days for that return trip :lol:

 

 

Dude! If you ever think of doing that let me know!

 

Would love to do that trip as I love Broome and I love driving around outback Perth!

Eirik- just for a contrast, I went out for a drive yesterday... Unfortunately my roads were not as 'passible' as yours. Some I couldn't go any further, some were difficult to get over, and some were a trap waiting to happen!

post-7544-021363600 1286617667_thumb.jpg

post-7544-074351800 1286617681_thumb.jpg

post-7544-099360500 1286617693_thumb.jpg

Other parts were quite rough, or meant crossing streams, but the place I went had a great view. I was actually looking at the geology, for veins of quartz sticking through the dirt, as I have a metal detector coming and I am going into that area to look for gold! There's nothing like a Corolla for getting around 4WD tracks!

 

Would some kind mod like to delete this in a week or two and save the disc space...

post-7544-056046900 1286617880_thumb.jpg

post-7544-010506700 1286617928_thumb.jpg

post-7544-056863100 1286617944_thumb.jpg

Would some kind mod like to delete this in a week or two and save the disc space...

 

More disk space and bandwidth than you can poke a stick at :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.