5K Supercharged Ke30

haydoss

That looks alot nicer, i think my dad went over the top making sure it was 'sturdy' haha. He seems to be under the impression that there is less pipe that the air needs to travel through having it mounted on the left? Well thats what the guy at the supercharger place was saying :P Going to try make a new gasket on the weekend and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

Made some changes with the setup and fixed the boost leak. Seems to run pretty good! Just have to make a new exhaust to replace the stock one, then should be able to see a bit more power out of it. I'm looking towards getting some new wheels and possibly some upgrades in the suspension. I am looking at either 15" SSR Mesh or 15" Rota RB's. Does anyone know what offset i should be looking for to make it flush with the guards? I'm aiming for a 7" wide rim if that helps :)

What should i do for the suspension? I'm looking to make it a bit more stiff and handle a bit better (I'm on a budget so cheaper=better haha). At the moment I'm pretty sure its all stock but it has Pedders Shockers.

Any help with Wheel offset and Suspension would be greatly appreciated :D

Edited by haydoss

14X7 0 offset tucks nicely in the gaurds. (need to run a 195/60 or a 195/50 to make it not scrub and look sick!)

compressed 2" lower springs = $50

add and flip a leaf that gives you 2" low = priceless

you know that leaf in your leaf pack that has the eyes on it? get another one of those. cut the eyes off and flip it on top of your original leaf pack. this gives you stiff and low

or you could flip the second leaf from the bottom = 2 inch low but not guaranteed. (one mates ke35 was 2inch low another mates was 3inch low and on bump stops)

Lol, put oil in your motor yet! :happy:

Oh no s@&t just noticed that. My top mount took 30sec to remove it's just two 11mm bolts for the t clamps and unplug the temp sensor. That bracket looks plenty strong maybe it could just be notched to give clearence for the oil cap.

Stu.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm.. something seems to be wrong with my engine. When I'm driving, it will start vibrating at ~3000 rpm, then stops at about 3500? not to sure. Once it has past the vibration point, it the supercharger seems to start working propely, as in you can hear it and feel it. Anyone know what the problem might be? I'm thinking it might be the flywheel?

Hopefully going to swap back to the 3k engine and see if it still makes the vibration and go from there..

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

After much fiddling, we swapped over the head and put the 4k on to lower the compression. Now there is no more vibrations and it runs alot harder haha. Contemplating the idea to buy a cheap ke70 and swap the gear over and make it 'fulleh sick'..hmm..