Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rollaclub Go Karting Day??

Featured Replies

See if you can book the centre just for the club. I know that if you get enough people together, Ballarat Indoor Karts will hire it exclusivly and offer a trophy for the winner. Other centres may be the same. Port Melbourne did it years ago when Toyota and Mazda car clubs competed against each other.

 

We used to hire the Port Melb one out for a corporate event. Everyone at work, plus the local trades we use for fitouts would have the track all to ourselves with pendants presented at the end. It was a 10min warmup - 3 x 15min races - 10min fun time at the end. Fun track but the karts werent the quickest.

 

Poz - Yep the Phillip Island track is a scale replica. I found the track quite boreing to be honest. Flat out 99% of the track and only braking for the hairpin (honda corner).

 

I'm open to trying out other tracks.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a good idea.

Apparently the south morang one is decent.

Definitely a good idea.

Apparently the south morang one is decent.

 

been to *most* karting tracks in melbourne.

 

imho F1 (south morang) owns all the others ive been to.

 

ace karts imho is the most over rated track in the southern hemisphere.

 

having said that id still go even if it was at ace karts to get my arse handed to me :P

having said that id still go even if it was at ace karts to get my arse handed to me :P

 

for some reason i doubt this

weight is a massive factor on low powered hire karts.. hence i never do any good :(

Weight isnt really an issue if you can use it to you advantage......... ;)

yeah only the take off is the issue, its good to keep momentum sometimes

 

but ive also seen the way you steer underpowered corollas :wink:

I can vouch for South Morang but I suggest karting novices to look elsewhere! There is also a massive difference in performance of some of the karts there.

 

By the way at Silhouette in Somerton it was $60 for a 10mins Quali session and a 10min race session. Winner got a trophy and if you book you get the track just for your group. They are the fastest hire karts i've sampled thus far (2 stroke). Phillip island karts are a good option if we had a cruise but they are painfully slow.

Edited by 78_7kRolla

yeah only the take off is the issue, its good to keep momentum sometimes

 

but ive also seen the way you steer underpowered corollas :wink:

 

Yeah, I've been told that they have never seen a hire kart with so much angle on them at times. But if it is an understeering dog, you gotta throw it at the corners don't ya :)

Haven't raced at ace karts but i've seen a few mates there. Can hire it out from memory if you have the numbers!

I can vouch for South Morang but I suggest karting novices to look elsewhere! There is also a massive difference in performance of some of the karts there.

 

By the way at Silhouette in Somerton it was $60 for a 10mins Quali session and a 10min race session. Winner got a trophy and if you book you get the track just for your group. They are the fastest hire karts i've sampled thus far (2 stroke). Phillip island karts are a good option if we had a cruise but they are painfully slow.

 

 

Silhouette seems a pretty good place. Track looked a bit tired last time I went past.

I'm sure we could get more time if we got a few people coming along. $60 for 20 mins bit steep I reckon.

I'm up for the fastest karts :laff:

Silhouette seems a pretty good place. Track looked a bit tired last time I went past.

I'm sure we could get more time if we got a few people coming along. $60 for 20 mins bit steep I reckon.

I'm up for the fastest karts :laff:

 

Ace karts is even steeper. I think 20 mins is ample and wouldn't want anymore than 25-30mins that's for sure.

  • Author

Ace karts is even steeper. I think 20 mins is ample and wouldn't want anymore than 25-30mins that's for sure.

 

I agree. It would be better if we could get something like 30 mins and space it out into 3 sessions with breaks in between?

 

 

Stoked about the amount of interest in this! Next time I'm going past silhouette I will pop in and ask them about group bookings and get some info on prices etc..

Maybe we could go go-karting in the morning and then have a little cruise somewhere for lunch after wards?

 

EDIT: Is anyone close by to any go karting venues that they could sus out for us??

Edited by BReNt

I'd assume that if you have enough numbers and you book the track out then you could choose session lengths etc??

Maybe even get toymods/twincam boys etc on board and have an interclub event if you need the extra numbers??

don't know about other centres, but in Ballarat you only need 6 to get a group booking. To get a final and a trophy, you need at least 8 though.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.