Rollaclub Go Karting Day??

BReNt

See if you can book the centre just for the club. I know that if you get enough people together, Ballarat Indoor Karts will hire it exclusivly and offer a trophy for the winner. Other centres may be the same. Port Melbourne did it years ago when Toyota and Mazda car clubs competed against each other.

We used to hire the Port Melb one out for a corporate event. Everyone at work, plus the local trades we use for fitouts would have the track all to ourselves with pendants presented at the end. It was a 10min warmup - 3 x 15min races - 10min fun time at the end. Fun track but the karts werent the quickest.

Poz - Yep the Phillip Island track is a scale replica. I found the track quite boreing to be honest. Flat out 99% of the track and only braking for the hairpin (honda corner).

I'm open to trying out other tracks.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a good idea.

Apparently the south morang one is decent.

been to *most* karting tracks in melbourne.

imho F1 (south morang) owns all the others ive been to.

ace karts imho is the most over rated track in the southern hemisphere.

having said that id still go even if it was at ace karts to get my arse handed to me :P

I can vouch for South Morang but I suggest karting novices to look elsewhere! There is also a massive difference in performance of some of the karts there.

By the way at Silhouette in Somerton it was $60 for a 10mins Quali session and a 10min race session. Winner got a trophy and if you book you get the track just for your group. They are the fastest hire karts i've sampled thus far (2 stroke). Phillip island karts are a good option if we had a cruise but they are painfully slow.

Edited by 78_7kRolla

yeah only the take off is the issue, its good to keep momentum sometimes

but ive also seen the way you steer underpowered corollas :wink:

Yeah, I've been told that they have never seen a hire kart with so much angle on them at times. But if it is an understeering dog, you gotta throw it at the corners don't ya :)

I can vouch for South Morang but I suggest karting novices to look elsewhere! There is also a massive difference in performance of some of the karts there.

By the way at Silhouette in Somerton it was $60 for a 10mins Quali session and a 10min race session. Winner got a trophy and if you book you get the track just for your group. They are the fastest hire karts i've sampled thus far (2 stroke). Phillip island karts are a good option if we had a cruise but they are painfully slow.

Silhouette seems a pretty good place. Track looked a bit tired last time I went past.

I'm sure we could get more time if we got a few people coming along. $60 for 20 mins bit steep I reckon.

I'm up for the fastest karts :laff:

Silhouette seems a pretty good place. Track looked a bit tired last time I went past.

I'm sure we could get more time if we got a few people coming along. $60 for 20 mins bit steep I reckon.

I'm up for the fastest karts :laff:

Ace karts is even steeper. I think 20 mins is ample and wouldn't want anymore than 25-30mins that's for sure.

Ace karts is even steeper. I think 20 mins is ample and wouldn't want anymore than 25-30mins that's for sure.

I agree. It would be better if we could get something like 30 mins and space it out into 3 sessions with breaks in between?

Stoked about the amount of interest in this! Next time I'm going past silhouette I will pop in and ask them about group bookings and get some info on prices etc..

Maybe we could go go-karting in the morning and then have a little cruise somewhere for lunch after wards?

EDIT: Is anyone close by to any go karting venues that they could sus out for us??

Edited by BReNt