Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 And Ke35 Front Calipers

Featured Replies

I'd check but it's dark now,

 

I was wondering wether the front calipars on the Ke30 are the same as they are on a Ke35?

 

Cheers

  • Replies 67
  • Views 74.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KE30 had the little square brake pads and calipers you have to practically dismantle to get the pads out (well, i did anyway). KE55 has normal style calipers and pads you'd find on an everyday car.

 

does that even make sense?

  • Author

Yep i brought some hotwires off miller on these forums and they fit on the back fine, but need 8mm spacer on the front to clear the caliper, now his car must be a KE55 Coupe, or it has KE55 disc conversion,

 

because i just went out to my 81 KE55 then and put the wheel on the front and it spins freely, so i was thinking can i just put the caliper off the KE55 onto my KE30?

 

Hope that made sense,

 

Trent

Not sure if the mounting positions are the same for both sets of calipers, I suspect they probably are. If not, just swap the whole strut over.

 

Did you check to make sure all 4 of the wheels are the same? I've bought wheels before that all looked the same, but 1 of them was a slightly different offset.

there are two types of early jap calipers, they interchange. the mounts and hoses are the same for both, i believe they even use the same pads? only the body of the caliper itself is different

 

and they both suck, upgrade to ke55/70 girlock calipers if you can

  • Author

So the girlock calipers came standard with Late KE55's/KE70's?

If so they bolt straight onto the KE30 discs?

 

If not would it be safe to just shave a bit of the useless metal off the caliper, it only needs an 8mm cleareance or there abouts to spin, But i might just try swapping the calipers over,

 

I'll let you all know how i go, and thanks for the replys, i havn't received 1 on toymods yet :jamie:

 

Cheers Trent

Just touching on the different brands again. I noticed the other day that my front Calipers are stamped "Sumitomo". Which of the previously mentioned brands do my calipers fall under? My car is a 1974 KE30 2 Door and they are the calipers that were on it, when i bought it.

 

I'm very interested in upgrading to the Girlock calipers, if my existing ones are not already.

Can someone post a pic of the Girlock calipers please? I might try my luck at the wreckers to pick up a pair.

Heres a pic of mine anyway.

post-13-1128587143.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

I have some still for sale from a KE55 with discs, control arms ect.

PM me if your interested in posting them to Melbourne 3172. It might be cheaper for me to just go to wreckers and grab a pair there, depending on price.

I assume i wont need to change the rotors and control arms to put the calipers into my KE30.......but i am still interested if you don't wish to seperate the items.

(P.S. I hope the offer was for me) :jamie:

Edited by kangaroosa

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.