Ke30 And Ke35 Front Calipers

Trent-KE30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KE30 had the little square brake pads and calipers you have to practically dismantle to get the pads out (well, i did anyway). KE55 has normal style calipers and pads you'd find on an everyday car.

does that even make sense?

Yep i brought some hotwires off miller on these forums and they fit on the back fine, but need 8mm spacer on the front to clear the caliper, now his car must be a KE55 Coupe, or it has KE55 disc conversion,

because i just went out to my 81 KE55 then and put the wheel on the front and it spins freely, so i was thinking can i just put the caliper off the KE55 onto my KE30?

Hope that made sense,

Trent

Not sure if the mounting positions are the same for both sets of calipers, I suspect they probably are. If not, just swap the whole strut over.

Did you check to make sure all 4 of the wheels are the same? I've bought wheels before that all looked the same, but 1 of them was a slightly different offset.

So the girlock calipers came standard with Late KE55's/KE70's?

If so they bolt straight onto the KE30 discs?

If not would it be safe to just shave a bit of the useless metal off the caliper, it only needs an 8mm cleareance or there abouts to spin, But i might just try swapping the calipers over,

I'll let you all know how i go, and thanks for the replys, i havn't received 1 on toymods yet :jamie:

Cheers Trent

Just touching on the different brands again. I noticed the other day that my front Calipers are stamped "Sumitomo". Which of the previously mentioned brands do my calipers fall under? My car is a 1974 KE30 2 Door and they are the calipers that were on it, when i bought it.

I'm very interested in upgrading to the Girlock calipers, if my existing ones are not already.

Can someone post a pic of the Girlock calipers please? I might try my luck at the wreckers to pick up a pair.

Heres a pic of mine anyway.

post-13-1128587143.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

PM me if your interested in posting them to Melbourne 3172. It might be cheaper for me to just go to wreckers and grab a pair there, depending on price.

I assume i wont need to change the rotors and control arms to put the calipers into my KE30.......but i am still interested if you don't wish to seperate the items.

(P.S. I hope the offer was for me) :jamie:

Edited by kangaroosa