Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae82 Gokai - It May As Well Be A Wife.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Cheers man, I can dream can't I? :D

Edited by carbonboy

  • Replies 474
  • Views 411.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Great stuff. You have inspired me to go out to the shed with my Mig......tomorrow night. Too cold now.

  • You do know, if it's a Holden or Australian Ford, you will have to revoke your rollaclub membership.....   Chrysler's are OK

  • "Hey man, I'm gonna move BT, can you move the Telstar so we can move the Celica to shift the Paseo so I can get Sudi out of the way of the trailer so I can open the garage door to spin Gokai around?"

Posted Images

  • Author

Having a parts f-around with fixing the Silly-Car so I'm washing my hands of it, setup shelves in garage to put things I'm working with on, finally have all car bits safely stored out of the weather & in places I can actually find them, chasing 4 years worth of superannuation from old employer, put some support posts up to stop the garage roof falling on our cars, organising replacement corrugated iron for said roof, welded garage door hinge back on so the damn thing will open, had big pissup with fire barrels going to get rid of all the old tree/timber laying around....so nothing that involved actually touching the car! :lol:

 

But I guess it all relates back to being able to work on her, being slightly organised stops me going nuts when I'm trying to do something & having room to move is awesome. Going to Adelaide for Christmas (anyone wanna buy Blue Thing for $6k so I can buy an FX-GT while I'm there? :P ), back mid-next week so picking up where I left off then. :)

 

Can. Not. Wait. To. Make. Progress. Again. :D

lol sounds like your very busy!! If its a rental your in I hope the owner is.chipping in for house repairs!

I hope you get the fx.gt somehow,.try lotto??

  • Author

Sadly, as much as I'd love to pick up Bugz's FX-GT, even if I had the spare 6k floating around, it'd have to be put towards something that's a need, not a want. Friggin reality! :lol:

 

Not a rental, yay! The house is owned by my mate & his missus, needs a little lovin' though as things have been a bit....slack in the home maintainance department over the years. :lol: I kick his arse into gear, make him help me fix the things they moan about, things get done, I get fed beer/cider & everyone's happy. :D I normally don't volunteer my services so much but since when nearly everything that manages to get done here has a positive effect of some description for me/my project, how can I not? :wink:

 

Edit: Got through a service on BT yesterday: Oil, oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, transmission fluid, coolant, thermostat, thermostat gasket, intake/exhaust manifold gasket & rotate all the wheels. Should be right for her ~1800kms in the next few days. :D

Edited by carbonboy

i got a mate that was going to race a telstar turbo but it did one lap and turbo blew and its sat ever since. Has brand new suspension and mags, if your mates interested i can get details and how much he wants for it?

  • Author

i got a mate that was going to race a telstar turbo but it did one lap and turbo blew and its sat ever since. Has brand new suspension and mags, if your mates interested i can get details and how much he wants for it?

 

Sorry man, only just picked up on this post. :blush: I spoke to my mate about it & despite it being tempting, he's going to have to pass on it. A big cheers for the offer though, he's decided that the Telly will be the unmodified daily & that any money will be going into his Mini project.

 

Ooh, I finally got off my butt, reactivated my YouTube account & uploaded this video. It's one I took at the old, old house when I pulled down the old engine (20v bottom end, 16v BP head) after swapping for a rebuilt item to discover the source of the knocking noise.

 

I fail at embed so here it is.

 

From what I know, this was probably caused by the massive oil pressure loss of having an oil cooler line pop off at high rpm's, also resulting in oil all over the ehaust manifold & a rather spectacular under bonnet engine fire. Important thing is noone was hurt, as for the engine, $h1t happens! The bores are still healthy looking with honing marks still clearly visible, yet to check out the cranks condition but crossing fingers it's still good. :) This engine's now back in my possession, soon I can start prepping it & filling it with some goodies I have laying around, yay!

Good to see movement on the 82 front Luke :yes:

  • Author

So, having done a a service on Blue Thing, I was feeling rather nice towards her. Thought I'd install a set of shocks with some lowered (NOT CUT :P ) springs on them that I had picked up & had laying around. Got the car up on stands, pulled out the rear shocks, went to install the 'new' items & discovered the boots/bumpstops were knackered. The ones on the car weren't much better, there's no room in the budget for 4 new bumpstop kits at the moment, so standard items back in for now.

 

Also laying around was a 5 speed gearbox, so I gave that a clean up & got into removing my 4 speed. Skipped the parts of the procedure like disconnecting the clutch line, draining coolant & draining transmission fluid, probably a good thing I did. Passenger side shaft out, discover I have 2 rounded off nuts on the drivers side shaft. No room for vice grips, so spent ages filing the 12mm nut down to a 7/16"....still no come off. :bash:

 

I took this as a sign, stuff it, the b***h can stay a 4 speed for now (or at least until I find/buy myself the right tool to get these nuts off) so I bolted everything back together. Enough love for BT, I'm going back to sanding again! :yes:

smash a 6 point socket on it!

  • Author

smash a 6 point socket on it!

 

I tried with both 12mm & 7/16th (after filing), can't get a good swing at it due to crossmember & sump... no, I'm not dropping my sump! :P. Have seen a weird tool that's like a cross between a pipe wrench & a ring spanner, broke my last one so when I can be bothered again I'll get another. BT's had enough effort put into her for now. :wink:

I tried with both 12mm & 7/16th (after filing), can't get a good swing at it due to crossmember & sump... no, I'm not dropping my sump! :P. Have seen a weird tool that's like a cross between a pipe wrench & a ring spanner, broke my last one so when I can be bothered again I'll get another. BT's had enough effort put into her for now. :wink:

Going to have to try garage sales Luke. I haven't seen them for sale for years. Webers has one very very handy tool indeed!!

 

Stu.

I tried with both 12mm & 7/16th (after filing), can't get a good swing at it due to crossmember & sump... no, I'm not dropping my sump! :P. Have seen a weird tool that's like a cross between a pipe wrench & a ring spanner, broke my last one so when I can be bothered again I'll get another. BT's had enough effort put into her for now. :wink:

 

Soak it in WD40 or something like it, if you can fit a 'o' ring spanner on it and use the end of the handle on the hammer tap away at it and it should come loose, alternatively the other method is to heat it up with a blow torch and depending on where it is you could get it red hot and attempt to reshape it but normally the heat will expand the metal and when it cools shouldn't be to many drama's getting it off (that's what I've read anyhow)

 

EDIT: http://www.classic-car-magazine.co.uk/articles/how_to_remove_seized_nuts_bolts.html <-- Check this

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

  • Author

Going to have to try garage sales Luke. I haven't seen them for sale for years. Webers has one very very handy tool indeed!!

 

Stu.

 

Webers isn't having a garage sale anytime soon is he? :laff:

 

Too true Stu, haven't seen them for years either so considering other options. Can't get an angle grinder in there to cut the nuts off (risk damaging threads anyway) so leaning towards welding some steel rod to the nuts to crack the buggers & just replace those two, have spares. But the gearbox swap is shelved for now, just finished cleaning all the junk out of Gokai. :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.