April 19, 201511 yr comment_696315 This. This makes me very happy. Edited April 19, 201511 yr by Redwarf Report
April 19, 201511 yr comment_696319 The washing part is certainally worth it for being able to get it dirty. :) Report
May 4, 201511 yr comment_696794 Wmmh: new job. Taking a risk on this company as it's new but sometimes you gotta roll the dice. Report
May 14, 201511 yr comment_697095 Things like this - http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tweed-heads-south/cars-vans-utes/chev-powered-toyota-crown-sedan/1077171287 Report
May 15, 201511 yr comment_697108 I want to know his engineer if that is legal with the big block.... Report
October 12, 201510 yr comment_700679 This isn't so much a WMMH post as a What Makes Me Laugh post. My housemate has an E-series (EF I think) Falcon with a good engine but the auto box is shagged. He recently acquired another complete car, engine's dead but the gearbox was rebuilt less than a year ago. A simple matter of swapping the two over. I neglected to volunteer to help as a) helping tends to very quickly turn into doing all the work, b) his mates have done this before (apparently), c) I have my own $h1t to do & d) I'm an engine-over-drive kinda guy. Despite me having spent the week cleaning up the shed so they have a sheltered place with a concrete floor to work on, they jacked the car up in our dirt driveway with storm clouds looming on the horizon. He & his four mates started on the parts car gearbox removal at about 2pm on Saturday, I got home from my parents at about 7:30pm, the tailshaft was out but the gearbox was still in the car & the buggered one hadn't been touched.....five grown men.....five hours..... I made the observation that this was a bit of a poor effort & was told that things are "in control", a forklift is coming tomorrow..... I made the point that if a forklift is involved in removing a gearbox, things are not in control..... The next morning, I was working on BT while they slept off the effects of the three bottles of booze consumed the previous evening when at about 9:30am, bugger me if a forklift didn't show up on the back of a tilt tray. Not that this really mattered, by the end of Sunday, both gearboxes were STILL in their respective ORIGINAL positions. I make no claims to be a mechanic, but JFC, some people should be called spanners, not let near them. I'm getting the feeling that I may just end up doing the job for him, so that he can see how helpful his 'mates' really are & so I can have shed space back. Report
October 12, 201510 yr comment_700683 Maybe they should of forked both the Fords onto the flat top and dropped them of at the scrap metal yard :P Report
October 12, 201510 yr comment_700685 Would have been the best use of everyones time that's for sure. I did also mention (many, many times) prior to parts car acquisition that for the money spent on all this & other repairs, he could buy a Corolla, roadworthy & register it. When someone has the criteria for a car of "cheap to run" & "reliable" & ignores a standard Corolla as an option...I give up. Report
October 23, 201510 yr comment_700916 Wmmh: cheap prescription glasses. $106AUD delivered for 3 pairs, one tinted for sunnies. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now