Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Makes You Happy Thread

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 471.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • WMMH: The housemate and I visited an autistic girl in our Sesame Street costumes because her mum kindly asked us too. It felt good to do something for someone else with nothing to gain on my behalf. H

  • My wife, my cat, non work days, food, cars (all sorts), watching Rally, but most of all.... my engine in the rolla running.

  • Nah mate, tanned chick from NSW posted up here... Shes a gap year so it doesn't count as banging someone from work! :P

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...

Made that call 18 months ago, never looked back :)

  • 2 weeks later...

I want to know his engineer if that is legal with the big block....

  • 4 months later...

This isn't so much a WMMH post as a What Makes Me Laugh post.

 

My housemate has an E-series (EF I think) Falcon with a good engine but the auto box is shagged. He recently acquired another complete car, engine's dead but the gearbox was rebuilt less than a year ago. A simple matter of swapping the two over.

 

I neglected to volunteer to help as a) helping tends to very quickly turn into doing all the work, b) his mates have done this before (apparently), c) I have my own $h1t to do & d) I'm an engine-over-drive kinda guy. Despite me having spent the week cleaning up the shed so they have a sheltered place with a concrete floor to work on, they jacked the car up in our dirt driveway with storm clouds looming on the horizon. He & his four mates started on the parts car gearbox removal at about 2pm on Saturday, I got home from my parents at about 7:30pm, the tailshaft was out but the gearbox was still in the car & the buggered one hadn't been touched.....five grown men.....five hours..... I made the observation that this was a bit of a poor effort & was told that things are "in control", a forklift is coming tomorrow..... I made the point that if a forklift is involved in removing a gearbox, things are not in control.....

 

The next morning, I was working on BT while they slept off the effects of the three bottles of booze consumed the previous evening when at about 9:30am, bugger me if a forklift didn't show up on the back of a tilt tray. Not that this really mattered, by the end of Sunday, both gearboxes were STILL in their respective ORIGINAL positions.

 

I make no claims to be a mechanic, but JFC, some people should be called spanners, not let near them. I'm getting the feeling that I may just end up doing the job for him, so that he can see how helpful his 'mates' really are & so I can have shed space back.

Maybe they should of forked both the Fords onto the flat top and dropped them of at the scrap metal yard :P

Would have been the best use of everyones time that's for sure.

 

I did also mention (many, many times) prior to parts car acquisition that for the money spent on all this & other repairs, he could buy a Corolla, roadworthy & register it. When someone has the criteria for a car of "cheap to run" & "reliable" & ignores a standard Corolla as an option...I give up.

Shame it's soooo hard to find a decent rwd Rolla.

  • 2 weeks later...

*sigh*

 

post-5437-0-99347400-1445589245_thumb.jpg

 

It's still there!!!! Wtf

 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.