What Makes You Happy Thread

Members dont see this ad

Seems I'm a serial poster in this thread :wink:

WMMH - Being told after exams by the PIC assessors to "get outta here, we don't have to see your smiling face in here again". This is as good as being told I've passed, now all I have to do is wait until the four year period is up & I'm a registered plumber. Woohoo!!!

Now begins the two years of night school to become licenced... *sigh*

building parents new PC, pretty low of the range AMD chip (still damn fast), but i bought my first SSD drive.

hot damn, its fast.

I need one of these.

It's getting quite obscene. Two years ago I bought a pair of OCZ Vertex IIs to put in a RAID 0 setup. Benchmarked them at somewhere around 500MB/sec which was stellar at the time. Now you can buy an entry level (<$100) drive that will achieve the same speed.

yeah i bought a OCZ vertex 4, it was $98 for 128gb (pluss $12 for the stupid adaptor bracket)

the cheapest smallest traditional driver was a hitachi 500gb for about $60 or so.

figured they will never use 128gb, let alone 500gb, so for 40bucks more will give it a go.

I think a vertex 4 is going on my christmas list :P

apparnetly OCZ had some issues with the controller on them previously, but they seem to have sorted that out in the newer models.