What Makes You Happy Thread

Members dont see this ad

Combination post:

WGMG - My computer starts having issues, first up the screen started blacking out then coming back with a message saying that my video device driver has had a problem & restarted. Then my internet connection drops out & the computer then tells me that no network adapter is installed. Shortly after this, it does an emergency dump to the C drive & shuts down. Will not boot up, gets to the Windows log-in screen, has a hissy-fit & shuts down.

WMMH - Pulled the tower case apart, fired up the air compressor & blew out a scary amount of dust from inside. Put it all back together & it works perfectly again. Note to self: do that a little more regularly!

• 2 weeks later...

WMMH - Fuel economy figures for Blue Thing with a 5 speed gearbox: 7.11 litres per 100km (or 14.06kms per litre). Not fantastic by todays standards, but not bad for a vehicle that was built in 1988 & rather loaded with gear.

Oh, sitting on 110km/h without the engine screaming it's head off & deafening you is nice too. :)

I saw a commondore and an astra come together the other day, astra blatently ran a red light. Commondore driver rightly so went off her tree at the astra driver.

Now onto my what makes me happy....

I spent my weekend of rain getting XBMC (xbox media centre) running on my media pc, as well as XBMC remote running on my android phone.

So i can control my media centre via my phone! (over wifi). Call me a nerd, if you will. but it works really well!

and xbmc looks so nice and swish, much better than keyboard/mouse through windows explorere and vlc/winamp.....

mmmm i do like new computer bits. did you buy an SSD?

WWMH - my mate just bought a Westfield kit car, powered by a hot smallport 16V (cams and a wolf3d), AVO suspension and toyo R888 tyres.

We took it for a spin through mt nebo on saturday.

yeah pretty much no car i have driven compares to how much fun this thing is.

Now to convince katrina i need one as well.

mmmm i do like new computer bits. did you buy an SSD?

WWMH - my mate just bought a Westfield kit car, powered by a hot smallport 16V (cams and a wolf3d), AVO suspension and toyo R888 tyres.

I had a limited budget to stick to, so an SSD was out of reach. Shopping around for the best prices did allow the purchase of the new power supply, everything in the photo for a touch under $500. Technology can be scary cheap!

After seeing a few Caterham/Lotus/kit cars at the Winton 6hr, I'm with you on the really really wanting one!

We took it for a spin through mt nebo on saturday.

yeah pretty much no car i have driven compares to how much fun this thing is.

Now to convince katrina i need one as well.

Haha every man NEEDS a lotus7/replica in their life at one point.

A good mate of mine who works in Perth on the oil rigs, has recently purchased one in very similar spec, only difference is his is powered by a 250rwkw SR20DET. Makes his 3.0ltr converted 951(944 turbo) Porsche that make 370rwkw feel like an obese slow POS!!