What Makes You Happy Thread

WMMH: I finally joined the UQ Racing team! I'm hoping I'll learn lots from all the engineers involved. The 2012 car was absolutely wild, it uses pull-rod suspension up front, push-rod suspension in the rear and a Honda 600cc engine run by a Motec ecu. I looked over it for about an hour one day when it was on display in the mechanical engineering building, was so impressed. Now they are building a new car, I'm not sure what kind of stuff I will be doing for the team but I'd be super stoked to work on the car.

971366_10151467177967749_341426058_n.jpg

Members dont see this ad

nice mate!

I never got off my ass and joined the team.

I checked out the car a few times though (must have been 2008 car back then....)

what size restricter do they have to use these days?

I wish I joined sooner! I've known about it for a year or so now.

I'm unsure on the restrictor, I think it's 20mm. The 600cc Engine still makes 50KW at 10 000rpm... :blinks:

CBR600 F4i or have they moved onto something better/more modern?

Same engine I'm pretty sure.

Edited by rian

These are the only photos I could find of the Newcastle car back when I was involved:

2004 - "Lefty" (because it only had one side-pod, on the left) - wasn't actively involved in the car but hung around learning the system, got to drive it a fair bit in 2004 and 2005 whilst the 2005 car was being built

2004.jpg

2005 - "Pig" (because it was loud, big, heavy, and drank like a fish) - did the suspension uprights and hubs as my final year project, initially was going to implement the hardware side of a traction-control system but didn't get it finished in time

2005.jpg

Both ran the F4i with a Haltech E6X computer, from memory it was still the 20mm restrictor at that stage too

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well done, congrats! Its a good feeling!

The day i got my "approval to graduate" email from uni was one of the biggest reliefs i've experienced. I was convinced they'd find a reason i couldn't graduate, but i got my peice of paper, and they can't have it back!

Well done, congrats! Its a good feeling!

The day i got my "approval to graduate" email from uni was one of the biggest reliefs i've experienced. I was convinced they'd find a reason i couldn't graduate, but i got my peice of paper, and they can't have it back!

Ditto, I almost broke down crying in relief when I got my letter (had managed to turn a 4 year degree into ~7 1/2 years full time, including a change from Mechatronics to Mechanical, a whole bunch of failed subjects, several issues work experience)

Cheers & thankyou guys, it's a massive relief! Not quite to the extent of Hiro's complications, but I did have a few 'hiccups' along the way. Being stubborn helped :)

There will be no fancy ceremony with gowns & hat-throwing, skipping that in favour of show up, collect certificate, profit.

Ahh $h1t Reed, sorry to hear man. You have a job still though right?