Heres Something You don't Here Everyday

Heres a story for you all- i was driving my daily, a 1981 ke55 corolla through some roundabouts today while it was wet, and exiting them with a little oversteer. I ended up behind a newish mazda in which the lady signalled me to pull over. I followed as i thought i scared her and quickly apologised. She replied with " Do you know who iam?, i bought that new in 81 and owned it for 30 years. I gave it to my mechanic as it was time to scrap it" i was embarresed and apologised again. But she told me the history of the car and what has been done to it etc etc..

I made her day she said as she was suprised to still see it driving :) well errr almost 75 degrees around a roundabout on full lock :/

Members dont see this ad

my first car that was a 1977 Leyland Mini, that the only in perfection was a dent in the front right guard, which the old lady did one week before she traded it in, she owned it new and traded it in I bought it the next day. two months later she was standing near my car in woolies car park waiting for me and she wanted to thank me for giving it a wash and polish and fixing the dent because she could never afford to do it. she thought i also re did the seats but little she know they were just seat covers that were in the original seat pattern

ive got the address of the lady that brought my my back in 73, she had it all her life sold it to someone here in perth who was going to use to metal to get his te27 levin on the road and sold t to me after owning it for a week or two :)

i wasnt going to use it as a doner, the guy i brought it off was going to, he had a te27 in his garage i fell inlove with hence why i brought the 20, HE was going to use my current 20 to get the rust free sills put into his i then took it off him before he could do damage, last i saw he had a baby blue ke25 out front of his last i checked.

Nice story :) least you knew it had a had a good home.

Reminds me of when I joined a gym on the southside of Brisbane and my personal trainer saw my Corolla II GP Turbo and told me the guy I bought it off is his mate, who purchased it from a old Japanese gentlemen who brought it over here privately, then I heard all crazy stories of them trashing the life out of it, which would explain the condition it's in. :(

the part of you that dies inside when you know your car has had a hard life :sob:

Thats why i felt a little bad when she signalled me over. Being my little daily/fun thrash car.. I do have a little fun in it as if i prang it.. Its cheap to fix if not ill take it out rallying.

The rolla owes me the same amount that my front rotors cost on my 300kw Liberty...

I have a similar story.

Day I got ym KE15 on the road I took it straight to the original owner who I got it from. As he wanted to see it if... it ever got back on the road.

At first I though one had past as in the phone book they were only listing the wife :(

But get there and both alive. But I parked car where they couldnt see it from the front door and it took about 5min to get them to remember me and come out side and not fear for their lives.

But as soon as they saw the car they pretty much zimmered as fast as they could to it and LOVED how I had got it back on the road when they thopugh it was to old and gone.

They started telling me stories and then called their neighbour over also 70+ and started showing him the car that was from all the stories they told him etc....

Bout an hour later I left. They said it made there year so yeah I think some original owners like seeing their cars again when their old.

Cameron