The Most Stupid Thing Your Family / Friend Has Done (Automotive Relate

TOMsGPTurbo

Someone very close to me calls me up at work and tells me the Eunos 500 has failed to start again and its to costly to keep fixing, so she called a car wrecker to come pick it up and dispose of it. However she did save the CD headunit face and CD Stacker (but not the CD player itself only the face).

Some history now: I found the car at a dealership for my mum who purchased it for $25,000.00 in the light 90's, it was 1994 model Eunos (Mazda) 2.0ltr V6 5sp manual with complete Fulcrum suspension upgrade and leather interior, the car cornered better then any other car I have driven to this day. My mum went to the USA so the car was given to this particular person.

(I loved that car, a lot of good memories where had in that car, and it would of made an awesome track car)

When I got that phone call I swore that hard a sailor would of been offended.

http://www.cardomain...994-eunos-cosmo <-- Here is a Eunos 500 so you know what I'm talking about, that's what was given away :( (note: note the actual car but one just like it)

**** Edited to be nice :P ****

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

Members dont see this ad

wow that is daft, although I don't know if they're actually worth much these days anyway...

can't think of any particlularly stupid things anyone I know has done lately though. I'm a terminal fuel-runner-outer though. Maybe I'm the stupid one my family speaks of behind my back?

Not too sure about friends (don't wanna dob them in, they can do that :lol:) or family but...

Before Blue Thing I had an '82 KE70 XX, red (chalky of course) with 14" Chevoits, 4K 5spd, air-con & sunroof. When the 4K died & Blue Thing came along, the wheels went to a mate & a guy on a tow-truck came & picked up the car, gave me $50 for it. The rust in it was easily repairable & engine aside, the mechanicals were still good. :bash:

There's my stupidest moment so far. :blush:

Edited by carbonboy

Used a chain to hold in a 308 into a TX gemini, and welded a dodgy box member to some RHS welded under the body

and used all sorts of bit for a tailshaft to the torque tube

Drove quite well, and 11 years later still goes hard, haha

Many things i have done are stupid. Must have a hidden middle name of stupid, but here are 3:

Drove from Sydney to Melbourne in 6hrs and 45 minutes for a $50 dare, back in 1989. This included fuel stops, pitstops and the like in a 1974 KE25. The Hume Highway was sure as hell not as good as it is now, and there were less cameras and highways patrol cars then.

Bought a written off KE20 for $500 and stripped it. From the firewall back, there was no rust at all. 70,000 miles and a pristine interior. From the firewall forwards, all the panels were stuffed. The lady driver, second owner kissed someone's butt. Instead of fixing it, i stripped it, and threw out a nice shell.

Most painful and stupid thing i have done. Got married. Nah, second most stupid thing. OK, i owned a TE27 Levin. It was a daily driver. I smacked a cressida and wrote both cars off. I had agrued with my then wife that i wanted/needed to restore the car. Nope, she would not be into it. Paid $8,000 to the guy i hit, sold the Levin for a couple of hundred bucks, and regretted it ever since. stupid with a CAPITAL S. 13 yrs later, no Levin, but also no wife number 1.

Man i want a 25/27 :(

A girl I knew accidentally put premium in her new (ish) car, but saw that the sticker under the flap said use 91. Got it towed to a mechanic and got it drained and replaced.

I went down to see them and got some of her money back but my god... :bash:

And my current missus put diesel in her petrol car.

I don't know which one is worse.

And my current missus put diesel in her petrol car.

I don't know which one is worse.

We get people come in quite often who have put either petrol in diesel or diesel in petrol. It's quite an expensive mistake once the car has been started. Last one I did was a diesel Prado, was about $12,000 all up. Luckily insurance covers it most of the time. I still don't understand how people make that mistake...

I know a family member that had nice Vw with a 6 speed manual, she sold it and got a big soccer moms Ford with a 5 speed gearbox. A week later she was on the freeway in 5th and tried to grab 6th . :laff: THE END.

WE thrash her that R is for reverse and not racing.

A good mate called me up a years ago all excited. He said "Did you know Diesel's don't have spark plugs?" :blinks: Haha.

And my Mrs drove her ae82 for a week with the oil light on. "I was wondering what that light was...". :huh:

Edited by ae824ate

A good mate called me up a years ago all excited. He said "Did you know Diesel's don't have spark plugs?" :blinks: Haha. Wonder how they work then mate hahaha.

Are you inferring that diesels do have spark plugs? Or have I missed something?

Friend of mine did a last minute service on his 4x4 before a beach trip and while

changing oil forgot to put the sump plug back in and drained the new oil into the

drop pan with the old stuff, he put the plug back in and then proceeded to concentrate

really hard looking at the pan and very carefully he scooped out the "newer oil"

and put it back in the engine.

My first ke70 took 5 litres of oil on the first siervice I ever did. That would of been 9 years ago now... anyhow, the drive way caught most of it.

I once drove 50km with the oil cap off my ae92 seca. I got to the BP in Beenleigh and as I got out of the car the attendant came out with the spill kit. The next week I did the same thing without the radiator cap... :blush:

Edited by GJM85