7K Engine

K&S

So I'm thinking of a 7k into my ke70,

I wanna know any shit fights with this conversion, all I know of so far is I have to use the 4k sump, is there anything else?

Does anyone know anyone who has done this?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, just asked here first before the ball gets rolling

Any help appreciated :)

Members dont see this ad

Whats the power per cc like in the 7K??

Will you end up with a large torquey motor suitable for a van or a forkhoist, but no fun in a car at all??

I gotta say, why does everyone come to this assumption?

Has anyone ever been in or driven a 7K powered KE?

I've had the opportunity to go for a few extended rides in KEturbo25's 7K 25.

Yes, its turbo, BUT the thing is a complete power house OFF BOOST! On boost is a completely different story.

That's it.

But really, everyone seems to want to shut the 7K down before it gets its chance to prove its worth.

Look at Gavclassic's KE17 with the 7K. Tuned set of sidedraughts and a decent set of pipe and its making 103rwhp.

Name another K engine you can do the same to and get similar results, without spending heaps on a massive cam, super high comp and super high octane fuel while keeping it N/A?

I gotta say, why does everyone come to this assumption?

Has anyone ever been in or driven a 7K powered KE?

I've had the opportunity to go for a few extended rides in KEturbo25's 7K 25.

Yes, its turbo, BUT the thing is a complete power house OFF BOOST! On boost is a completely different story.

I've got one. Pulls through third like a 4k in second! I think mr. altezza was making an unfounded assumption.

So I'm thinking of a 7k into my ke70,

I wanna know any shit fights with this conversion, all I know of so far is I have to use the 4k sump, is there anything else?

Does anyone know anyone who has done this?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, just asked here first before the ball gets rolling

Any help appreciated :)

hi i have been running a 7K for the last 5 yrs in my 69 KE15 sprinter. Fitted the engine myself without any great drama. You must run the original 7K sump modified to go over the cross member(the sump is a lot wider than 3or4K). Also being a stroker motor it is slightly taller.for a standard engine mine has the sprinter twin carbs. port size is the same. as we drive to sydney every year for motorfest I installed a taller diff (3.55 to 1) which gives me exceptional economy. hope this is of some help

Cheers Lou

Well, the stories are cute, but I haven't seen any figures on bhp/L. I'll look it up.

A bigger motor does produce more power, but they tend to be less and less efficient.

It's this sort of curve-

7K, 1.78L, 80bhp, 45bhp/L. Wiki

5K-U, 1.49L, 70bhp 47bhp/L Townace, englishauto.vl

4K, 1.29L, 65bhp, 50bhp/L Wiki

3k, 1.17L, 60bhp, 51bhp/L Wiki

I don't really tend to care about figures to see how an engine goes. I'd rather actually get in and drive it!

I've driven a ke36 with a 7kc with a 32/36 and an exhaust and that thing hauled. I don't really care what it's bhp/l is because the torque when you plant it just makes it worth it.

Edited by Jono.C