Stretch!

Heath.

hey guys. been a while since my last post. the ke is finally comin alone nicely haha but my newest set of rims have tyres to fit.... but me being all mad c%&t like i would like to get some hetic stretch goin. it wont be for some time cause the tyres on them now still have a fair bit of tred.

but my question is...

how do i actually go about getting strech on my tyres?? :blinks: like i get the hole smaller tyre but... what sort of place would do somthing like this? :huh:

Members dont see this ad

do it yourself if you can't find somebody to do it.

search on youtube for various methods of fitment, and understand all their disclaimers before trying it yourself. ;)

methods of interest are deodorant, bike tube, baby elephant bead blaster.

good luck, have fun.

Holly dam just looked at some ways

Some people are very innovative I never would have thought of the hair spray trick but it's a smart idea although dangerous but still very macgyver I liked it :)

Cheers

Miller

Edited by Millaz88

yeah, i had to use deodorant on my last rim.

tried three bike tubes which all busted, got pretty fed up with it, ready to quit, but the deodorant worked a treat. pretty easy too, just keep a good distance, and don't use a lot. less is more...

205/60/13 on 13x10 rear, 185/60/13 on 13x8.5 front

results:

DSC_0971.jpg

Edited by TE278U

You'll be surprised what you can do without bike tube, brake cleaner, or even an elephant...

185/60 on 14x8, 195/50 on 15x8 is EASY. Barely a stretch

I've done a dozen 175/60 on 13x8 using the same technique as any normal wheel/tyre.

185/55 on 14x8.5 only needed baby elephant.

^^^^^^ yep I have 2 models of SSR mk2 one are older original ones that use shank wheel nuts and others are a newer tyre that use normal wheel nuts, they are both SSR mk2's both same size and width 13x8, except the older ones have more to seat the bead onto on the inside so even the 165/70 13 was not very hard to fit on just put on and get it sitting on one side nice and tight and just pull up the other side till it seals and done. The newer ones are a bit harder though less area to grab on to.

i find the concept of stretching a bit odd.

that car above, i think its just too much...

in genearal on strechted tyres, i find that the top of the wheel/tyre looks quite good (near the guard), looks kinda cool with the tyre slightly tuched in, but then when you look at where the tyre meets the ground, it looks so weird and silly like its going to all fall appart on the first decent bump....

I'm a fan of tyres that sit dead flat on the rim: exhibit A

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2056/img02911372406.jpg

195/50 on a 7". fits perfectly, and looks mean.

but each to their own.

what amuses me the most is when people "stretch" 145 tyres on a 6" rim. that looks rediculous.

Edited by ke70dave