Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • altezzaclub
    altezzaclub

    In 16 years time... "The Girl's AE86"

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    This is really really cool, thanks for sharing!   So 2.4 capacity, as light as a 4ag. Cheap as to buy. :hmm:   What are the factory powers numbers for the model you are using?

  • actually the second strongest method of clamping a crank is level with the edge of the block like that, pending how much metal is on the other side, have a look at a deisel or an F20C, they have a spl

Posted Images

  • Author

Dropped off the inlet to the engine machinist next to my shed. He is going to face the throttle side of the manifold, and tap the vacuum ports for me. Also, he is chemically cleaning the throttle bodies so they will look much nicer once installed. The I can port match it once I get it back.

 

I also had my new fuel rail turn up. I'm shifting the fuel system back to a normal style with a reg on the end of the rail, instead of at the tank like the camry does. Its just easier. This AEM fuel rail will let me do this, as the stock rail will not let you fit a regulator.

  • Author

Getting closer on this one. I just ordered the rose jointed bits I need to fabricate the tensioner, also, I have to collect the newly acid cleaned and faced manifold and throttles today from the head shop. I'm dropping my diff in to the fabricator tomorrow arvo, then once he finishes it, I will send the whole halfcut over to have extractors made in a 4-2-1 design.

  • Author

I guess if I applied myself for a few weeks it would be done, however I feel if I did that I'd be broke pretty quick. So no choice but to tinker as I go.

 

The diff is at the fabricators now. Its not all that hard to adapt a mk 2 corona diff. You can plate and redrill the lower 4 link mounts, add the top ones, which are way off on the corona housing. The shock mount is correct, and the panhard is close to perfect, maybe 35mm away, but I can adjust that out. Then swaybar mounts and thats that.

 

The cool thing is Rick is shifting the 4 link bush holes down, to get the arms at the right angle. Pinion angle I can adjust with the adjustable uppers.

 

I have the manifold back too its all sweet to go.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

  • Author

Thats ok, I was hunting for a spare borg housing, as my mate already cut the mounts off the diff I was hoarding for the mounts. I was in a bit of a panic. However upon talking to the fabricator about it, he can just make the upper mounts for the 4 links, and then the rest of it is easy as described above. I'm excited to get it back, and with the modified geometry I can't wait to drive on it and feel how it grips.

 

I'm not far from ordering my ecu Justin, so we can have a day with the soldering iron soon. I'm very keen for you to teach me the finer points of wiring a car.

 

I'm thinking that I should have the fabricator move the panhard mount down also, to do a similar geometry correction to the panhard that we are doing to the other arms.

Just wondering would you have any cam specs eg. duration and lift?

Where is the panhard mount on the rona diff compared to the Corolla one? If it's further away, I'd be inclined to keep it in the same spot.

Really want to see the finished product here. Should be awesome.

Also want to hear what a 2AZ sounds like on ITB's ;)

It's 35 mm closer requiring a shorter bar.

 

Ahh, Righto. Carry on haha

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.