Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • altezzaclub
    altezzaclub

    In 16 years time... "The Girl's AE86"

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    This is really really cool, thanks for sharing!   So 2.4 capacity, as light as a 4ag. Cheap as to buy. :hmm:   What are the factory powers numbers for the model you are using?

  • actually the second strongest method of clamping a crank is level with the edge of the block like that, pending how much metal is on the other side, have a look at a deisel or an F20C, they have a spl

Posted Images

^Is that the exact same kit you have? Is it of reasonable quality?

Edited by rian

I desperately needed one of those nutsert tools and bought a similar one off eBay and havent even unwrapped it yet :/

 

Use them all the time at work, so good. Got lots of things to use it on eventually.

Just bought one. Thanks Justin :y:

  • Author

Did a bit more today. I trimmed out all the engine plugs and fitted them in place with as much wire remaining as possible for Justin to connect to. It did make me realise that the temp sensor is going to hit the firewall once the plug is on it. Where's my hammer...

 

post-2885-0-44281900-1416468619_thumb.jpg

 

 

Here you can see the metal band I made to mount he FPR.

 

post-2885-0-76343200-1416468722_thumb.jpg

 

 

And heres the alternator wiring started.

 

post-2885-0-87266400-1416468835_thumb.jpg

 

And Justin the battery is charging mate. :clover:

  • Author

With Justin coming tomorrow morning I decided to do as much as possible on the to do list before he comes. Borrowed a welder today and fixed up about 3/4 of the items on my to do list that were stopping me from putting things back together. Welded up a couple spots that were unfinished from the original work we did. Fixed a bit of rust and sealed it with epoxy. Seamed up a couple of the rusty points around the b pillars as well.

 

20141128_134350_zpshczhshkx.jpg

 

20141128_134339_zpsnquknbs2.jpg

 

20141128_130857_zpsh3izpvyu.jpg

 

20141128_130844_zpsde3fp3pu.jpg

 

20141128_130831_zpsc1mshpz8.jpg

 

20141128_130809_zpszxz0ifbu.jpg

How good are rivnut/ nutserts!

  • Author

Rivnuts are amazing.

 

Justin came back for round three of man vs copper today. While he made the engine and ecu connect I went through the car and tidied things up and added a few bits and pieces that were missing. Once the engine was connected Justin extended some wires for my epicly loud double horn system that I took from an ae86 zenki halfcut I once had. I also put the headlights on and the front bar with the blinkers and Justin tested those. Justin swapped the plug on the brake fluid warning light and made it work. He also added an air temp sensor, purge solenoid control wire, and made the engine to body harness that powers the dash.

 

For some stupid reason my parker/blinker combo lights have no wiring at all, so I need to find that. Justin has also connected the fuel pumps so as soon as I can find the appropriate rubbers from a pair of tank straps Ill be bolting it up into the car and calling it done. My home made rear bar mounts have been fitted, just with self tappers to the rails for now until I can fit the tank and exhaust and make sure they miss properly, at which point Ill weld em to the chassis. They are just inch wide 3mm steel straps that I cut and bent up. I think they originally had been used to bolt the fuel cell into this ae86 when I got it.

 

I helicoiled the drivers seat belt buckle bolt hole as it was stripped. Took 3 goes to learn how to fit the coil but once I worked out the tricks I nailed it easy. I still need the correct 12/32 bit to drill out for the next one, so I wasnt able to get the gearbox crossmember bolted back in properly.

 

The hoist I was buying I passed over as it didnt have safetys on it at all. Still looking for the right unit.

 

I cleaned, sanded and painted the stone tray and boot floor/muffler heat shield with some high temp silver mettallic the same as the exhaust system was painted. I bolted the header tank back in with some closed cell squishy foam behind it. I also refitted the clutch reservoir after finding the hose weeping fluid and deciphering that I used the wrong stuff. I need actual hydraulic hose I think. I also need to redo the paint on the booster. Never mind, Id prefer it in silver anyhow.

 

I need to make or source a braided line for the oil pressure senders so I can remote mount them.

 

Enjoy the pics.

 

20141129_154713_zpsjfynjl1d.jpg

 

20141129_154528_zpsc2lqtgbi.jpg

 

20141129_154508_zpsyauxgkhn.jpg

 

20141129_154451_zps8krz3pew.jpg

 

20141129_154431_zpsbzdqlsvv.jpg

 

20141129_154351_zpsqi8pwac3.jpg

 

20141129_154335_zpsf3j7nte1.jpg

 

20141129_154319_zpslbypvifg.jpg

 

20141129_154257_zpsmchr69qe.jpg

  • Author

Forgot to add, once the wiring and electrics are all sorted, its going to ricks for a week to have the headers and diff bushes sorted out. Ill aslo have rick add a bung for the wideband sensor in the collector at the bottom of the headers.

 

Then I might send it for a tailshaft before christmas if possible timewise and funds permit. Then whenever I can cobble together the funds for an e420d I can get to work on running it.

  • Author

I couldnt resist doing some more, so I helicoiled the shit thread and then bolted the gearbox crossmember back into the car. I also bolted in the rear muffler heat shield and the stone tray, dash pad, cluster, speedo cable, and some more of the dash pieces.

 

I got the doors out of storage and cleaned the dust off them. I also clenaed up the windows and all the mouldings for the hatch and 1/4 glass areas. The trims a bit bent from some heavy handed removal. WIll need to source a few pieces I think.

 

I also insulated the tank straps with some rubber I had lying around. I noticed a couple places I neeed to tidy up some welds before fitting the tank so I held off doing that.

 

Bit annoyed that when I purchased the centre console the dickhead didnt put in the brackets for it. so basically its a desk ornament. ʞ©$ɟing dumb kids.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.