The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

Booster pained. All trim washed. I have blue, tan brown and red black. Its going all black and grey. I also installed the heater box and made sure all the connections were going to be possible, which I think they are. I had to rotate my heater out pipe but thats it really. I also went to the wreckers and got the door switches, the rubber boots for them, the handbrake boot and tray, and a few smalls. I installed the handbrake tray and lever with a splitter cable I found. I also installed the wiper motor and assembly in the bulkhead, and found a spanner I lost ages ago inside there.

When I return to the shed I have to organise the trim and see what I ned to source and replace. I noticed I have no console, no rear hatch trim panel or taillight trim panel for inside the lights. I have almost all other things though.

Today I fitted so may things back into the shell.

Heater box.

Blower motor.

Demister vents.

Pedals.

Steering column.

Dash brackets.

Door switches and their boots.

Seat belts

clutch master.

Brake booster and master.

Front Goodridge braided brake lines.

Washer bottle.

Heater hoses and tap

Vents in pillars.

I started going through the trim I have and sorting colours and looking at whats damaged. I need quite a few pieces I think.

I need to organise some handbrake cables for the diff, and rebuild the rear brakes and I can bleed the brakes.

I have bled the clutch, gives me plenty of throw. Works great. Ill know more when its running about the finer points of disengagement.

Had to make a stylish little bit of bundy tube to connect the JDM style MC, which has the front circuit pointing upwards instead of forwards. Easy done.

post-2885-0-60913800-1407917732_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-34700100-1407917799_thumb.jpg

post-2885-0-78644500-1407917852_thumb.jpg

I need about 30 parts to put it all together. A bunch of trim that isnt super important to find. I guess now I need Medicine man to pop by again and have a look at wiring the motor up. Then back to Ricks and get the headers fixed up. I need some handbrake cables. Tailshaft. I might even get it running without the tailshaft to test. See how it goes. I need to buy the ecu I guess now.

Cool, Thats what I was planning, my mechanic reccommends them too.

I will also be looking at the sheetmetal parts soon, like the radiator fan shroud and the bonnet cap. Dave and I need to finalise our planning for the airbox when he returns from the desert.

I'm pretty keen to buy a welder. Something thats capable of panel steel welding to a certain extent, but that can also get a good 7-8mm penetration if need be. I'm not into cheap chinese shit tools, so I'm thinking some kind of CIGWELD Gas mig, but I really don't know. Any of my readers have a reccomendation about what would be a good welder for my needs. I have a lot of small metal fab jobs on this car I would love to do myself.

Got my ball studs in the mail, so now I can remove my high tech 'hatch stick' and get on with more important things.

Was looking around the ae86 interior. I'm thinking about not running any trims aside from A pillar trims around the top of the car. So no C trim, No b trim, No door top trim, no roof lining. I would really like the trims for the boot area and side areas, just so nothing in the car can move around and damage the body shell. I will run all the dash vents so the heater is effective, its controls and its surround, plus the console where a stereo would mount. I'm going to have twin 4 inch spoeakers in the dash pods, and probably go to twin 6x9s in the rear of the body somewhere. No amp, just a deck and 4. All my interior will be painted black, so it matches more than anything, and I will have grey highlights like my door cards do.

I'm considering getting my recaros trimmed to suit also in black vinyl or leather, however the current black fabric will match pretty good. I might swap the drivers for the passenger side so I don't have a ripped bolster to sit on while driving.

I will be running carpet. I will have to buy that as well. I gues knox is the go for that. I might go for dark grey over black for this. The cage and all interior will be painted the body colour, which will be BMW silver. I guess I will also have to find some roll cage padding aswell.