The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

Any local lurkers know how the complete interior goes together? Id like to have someone come by and help me see if I need to source much else.

Just wrote a long to do list. I'm going to go and play with it I think.

I think a 5sfe has a near identical cam sensor that points 90 degrees off with the wiring clip to replace the straight on type that the 2az comes with. I'm going to look into setting it up with one of those, just to make the clearance as neat as possible.

Connected the radiator hoses and did up the clamps. Mounted the moroso header tank. Took notes on the fittings and bungs I need to connect the header tank to radiator.

IMAG0296_zps0bjynyhb.jpg

IMAG0295_zpsrj4cxz5p.jpg

IMAG0294_zpsniv3qsum.jpg

IMAG0293_zpsxsxik9gp.jpg

Random parts from someone elses car that were sitting in mine when it came home on the truck. Someones going to be cranky.

IMAG0290_zpsz2js2rhc.jpg

The new tank fits awesome.

IMAG0289_zpsykcldbgc.jpg

IMAG0282_zpsl4md8jby.jpg

IMAG0283_zps9m4ac0un.jpg

IMAG0281_zpsa7u08lgd.jpg

Diff bend is a work of art.

IMAG0285_zpss1rfzpqe.jpg

IMAG0284_zpst8ay9xmq.jpg

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Medicine man is coming over to work his magic on saturday next week. I have the blank 2m adaptronic loom and the stock uncut 2azfe loom from this exact engine. Wone be too hard, mightbe harder working out how to fit body looms and trim. I really need someone who knows ae86 inside out to come and have a look through the wires and interior with me.

I did once install a complete interior on a freshly painted completely stripped 86 shell including the complete body loom etc. It was the "JDM" red interior with that funky digital dash!

That was a few years ago....

Edited by ke70dave

Had a great day with Justin and dave at the shed. Justin got the body looms inspected and in place, and he has given me a list of things to do and find before next time. Someone has cut off the mounts for the ignition switch and electrics, so that needs to be sourced. Dave and I managed to come up with a great design for the airbox with a panel filer in the bottom of it, and ample headroom for the trumpets. We are going to make a pattern from corflute and have it folded up by a guy I know that does that type of thing, then we will probably glass over it to seal it up. It will then work on a panel filter from a pulsar. I'm ducting cold air under the radiator as its the only place I can get enough volume past that means I wont have to cut the support panel.

One epic problem, I pulled out the lotus lights and found that I have two right side ones. Bit of a ʞ©$ɟup there, I have to retrace the dick who sold em to me and see if he has the left side ones.