Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • altezzaclub
    altezzaclub

    In 16 years time... "The Girl's AE86"

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    This is really really cool, thanks for sharing!   So 2.4 capacity, as light as a 4ag. Cheap as to buy. :hmm:   What are the factory powers numbers for the model you are using?

  • actually the second strongest method of clamping a crank is level with the edge of the block like that, pending how much metal is on the other side, have a look at a deisel or an F20C, they have a spl

Posted Images

If you don't mind me asking, what transmission and bell housing did you use? Also where were you able to acquire the throw out bearing?

 

P.S. car looks amazing. love this project

Edited by innovativetC

I only saw the bit about the Y and S bell housings and the w57 transmission. 42 long pages is a lot of reading haha

I see now. you used the w57 with the y bell housing. What transmission is that bell housing from though?

Here in the U.S. I've never heard of that.

  • 3 weeks later...

This is a nice read. I like it!

  • Author

Thanks mate.

 

With no car at home to work on right now, I've taken some time to polish up the engine covers for some extra visual appeal.

 

Since the front engine cover is no longer used to mount the engine, I die ground the ribs away from the mounting boss and smoothed it over. Its all polished out and cleans up the look of the cover. I still have the three holes there if I ever wanted to mount anything there.

 

What you reckon? This was done by first filing and die grinding the casting dags away, hitting it with an orbital sander with 80, then 150 then 320 grit paper, then buffing with with 800, then 1000, then 2000 wet n dry. Then a final rub over with a green sourer pad and then buffed with compound on and 8 inch polishing wheel. Stage 1 wheel coarse rag and mild wax compound, then the fine calico cloth and the fine compound. The front cover took about 6 hours all up, the top I spent about an hour on, I was better at it by then.

 

Considering the minimal equipment needed and that it only costs time, presenting something like this should be mandatory!

 

 

Top Cover Before:

IMAG1914_zps8vbw7ffg.jpg

 

Top Cover after:

IMAG1916_zpsm9a3btir.jpg

 

Front cover polished with ribs machined away:

IMAG1910_zpsaj7e53an.jpg

 

IMAG1909_zps9cnobdt8.jpg

 

IMAG1911_zpsjn9dtedp.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...

Man, this is looking.. Amazing :o !

 

Must pop around one day and see it in the flesh :)

Looks like a bonds cage there, not quite as bolt in as advertised but a few tricks later they go in... well made though.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Just had word that my car is being finished off at the moment at the shop.

 

Should have it back in a week or two with the full exhaust, cage, mod plates, tailshaft, boot floor repaired and all the rust gone. I'm so ʞ©$ɟing excited!

 

I have bought a pair of side skirts for it as well, as I intend to run a lip and it will bring it down to a similar level, plus I think 86s' look naked without them.

This is excellent news, am looking forward to seeing the results. In regards to both performance & aesthetics. :yes:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.