The Off-Topic Thread

rian

I think that if the chassis had been involved in that accident, the story would be completely different.

VERY luck that it peeled the body away and would have allowed the engine to move downwards.

Hitting something lower that would give an upward angle would have well and truly ʞ©$ɟed them up IMO.

Its still an UGLY POS with a magna engine, regardless of how it crashes. lol

Members dont see this ad

Just cannot find any complacency in the cars I buy/own since my first car...

Miss having an AE92. So bad. Looking back, i'd have spent the money on putting it on lower springs/shocks, full exhaust system and fixing all the oil leaks. I'd probably have nearly $10k cash in the bank because everything else with that car was awesome. It was underpowered, it was direct with the way it tracked, it NEVER lost traction, it NEVER got looked at by the police and it was a piece of pie to work on..

ʞ©$ɟ my life..

A gentleman I work with rolled one of these and nearly terminally broke himself. Airbags didn't go off on impact, either.

(Note: Impact before roll over.)

I wouldn't even sit in one, let alone my kids.

Speaking of horrible crashes. Something to consider. Never previously crossed my mind.

A friend of mine bought a new Toyota Rukus and had it modified for her wheelchair bound disabled son.

The tailgate was fitted with a chair lift so the boy could be wheeled straight into the back (where the rear seat used to be).

She was in a nose to tail accident. She stopped, fool in the Camry behind didn't, slammed into her and pushed her into the car infront. I'll say now, lucky the young fella wasn't in the car.

Because of the fabrication, chair lift and a shed load of checker plate bolted to the back of the Rukus. It had turned the Rukus into a little tank, with no crumple zones. My friend face planted the steering wheel so hard she knocked her teeth out. Funny side of the story, when you get out of a car plastered with disabled stickers, spitting out teeth and blood, people FREAK OUT.

No sign of an airbag and the seatbelt pretensioners didn't fire either. They checked over the car and found that because of the mods it prevented the safety systems from acting. The back of the Rukus looks completely undamaged, the Camry that hit her was Faaaaaaarrrrrked, with the grill about 1 foot from the windscreen.

But because of the mods the damage was transfered else where on the car. Sadly it's been written off.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/caterham-super-7-1998-11798118?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=0&eapi=2&__N=1246%201247%201252%201282%204294966911%201216&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,Max~0.5&sort=default

caterham 7 style car (ASP clubman or something)

but with apparnetly ke70 corolla rear axel and front suspension?

i can't see much ke70 on that front end:S

Ohhh i'd believe that, seems like a very strange idea, especially using the diff, but yeah what he said ^ its just in backwards, and instead of a strut bolted to the knuckle, its got one of those modern disc-arm looking things.

But there's also the Corona alloys, the 14" version of ke70's cs-x model ones..

Now all it needs is chopped falcons, fender mirrors and some drift stickers

Edited by BlueKsev