Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

G.O.R. 2012 (Great Ocean Road) Discussion Thread

which weekend? cabin or tents 18 members have voted

  1. 1. which dates and what style accomodation

    • 21-22 Jan 2012 Tents
      35%
    • 21-22 Jan 2012 Cabins
      7%
    • 28-29 Jan 2012 Tents
      14%
    • 28-29 Jan 2012 Cabins
      7%
    • Don't care, just make it happen!
      35%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

All I need is dates and I'll start organizing a fire at work :)

  • Replies 39
  • Views 52.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I'll be there! Maybe not in a Corolla, or even a Toyota! But it'll be Toyota powered!

  • lol speak of the devil, i actually sent Jarrad a message on facebook yesterday asking him if he wants help and or running this year's event : )   I'm Back in the country in 3 weeks time; I'm more th

  • I'm keen to lose my Rollaclub GOR trip virginity

Nice work Dave! :y:

 

It is kinda creeping up on us... Put me down to help out organising things, if you don't have my number just PM me. :)

 

Put me down as a yes whatever the date, the time off work isn't (shouldn't be!) an issue. Just cross my fingers noone dobs me into the council again this time! :lolcry:

 

I guess my challenge begins now, GOR 2012 in Blue Thing, or Gokai? :hmm:

Well hello Rollaclub! I haven't been around for a while!

 

Dave, good stuff getting this cracking along, as Ted mentioned he had only just sent me a message about it.

 

I will happily help where I can, I'm not sure I will even make the trip as yet, I will certainly not be in a Rolla anyway.

 

First thing to figure out is where you all want to go. This is the biggest part. How many k's you want to do as well but we all like driving :)

You will need a maximum of 10 sites unless more than 30 people turn up, even then you would still be right. This year was the first that we had more than 8 sites. Helps keep costs down too.

 

When booking accomodation don't mention your in a car club. No matter how nicely you put it you will most likely get a big fat NO. The first time we've ever had trouble was this year.

 

With a few people organising the trip it will be easy, the main reason Mel and I start so early is to get interest and plenty of ideas.

 

Last year we did 3 nights and 4 days, 'twas nuts! If it's to be that big again I would organise an observation/poker run or something of the like. Would put another twist on things.

 

cheers,

JP

And if it needs to be said, I'm always in.

 

I'm happy to pick up any shitty tasks that need doing.

Let me know if theres anything i can do to help arrange things : ) Happy to phone up and hunt accommodations / bulk email people / set spots / etc. - anything : )

I can do some filming this year if ya want?????

 

If u need some help let me know seeing how I'm out this way :lolcry:

 

 

See ya

 

Jimi

*Crossing all fingers and toes that it will be the 21st-22nd* I might finally be able to come this year!

If it's the 28th-29th I'm out again :/

Edited by Doogs

21-22 is the weekend i dotn have my son but either way i'm fine, i'll just get the folks to look after him for weekend if i have to. Gives me till then till sort out one of the cars and organise cash, i'm gonna off myself if i don't make it to the next run!

21-22 is the weekend i dotn have my son but either way i'm fine, i'll just get the folks to look after him for weekend if i have to. Gives me till then till sort out one of the cars and organise cash, i'm gonna off myself if i don't make it to the next run!

About. Bloody. Time! :yes:

I'm keen to lose my Rollaclub GOR trip virginity

About. Bloody. Time! :yes:

I know!!!!!! really not sure what i'll be in. I need to do the trip though, need to do a weekend holiday, been to long!

I know!!!!!! really not sure what i'll be in. I need to do the trip though, need to do a weekend holiday, been to long!

 

Methinks I'm in the same boat as you. :yes:

my 30th is only a week or two after it, might see if i can scam cash outta people for the run :P

  • 5 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.