G.O.R. 2012 (Great Ocean Road) Discussion Thread

TE278U

which weekend? cabin or tents  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Members dont see this ad

Nice work Dave! :y:

It is kinda creeping up on us... Put me down to help out organising things, if you don't have my number just PM me. :)

Put me down as a yes whatever the date, the time off work isn't (shouldn't be!) an issue. Just cross my fingers noone dobs me into the council again this time! :lolcry:

I guess my challenge begins now, GOR 2012 in Blue Thing, or Gokai? :hmm:

Well hello Rollaclub! I haven't been around for a while!

Dave, good stuff getting this cracking along, as Ted mentioned he had only just sent me a message about it.

I will happily help where I can, I'm not sure I will even make the trip as yet, I will certainly not be in a Rolla anyway.

First thing to figure out is where you all want to go. This is the biggest part. How many k's you want to do as well but we all like driving :)

You will need a maximum of 10 sites unless more than 30 people turn up, even then you would still be right. This year was the first that we had more than 8 sites. Helps keep costs down too.

When booking accomodation don't mention your in a car club. No matter how nicely you put it you will most likely get a big fat NO. The first time we've ever had trouble was this year.

With a few people organising the trip it will be easy, the main reason Mel and I start so early is to get interest and plenty of ideas.

Last year we did 3 nights and 4 days, 'twas nuts! If it's to be that big again I would organise an observation/poker run or something of the like. Would put another twist on things.

cheers,

JP

21-22 is the weekend i dotn have my son but either way i'm fine, i'll just get the folks to look after him for weekend if i have to. Gives me till then till sort out one of the cars and organise cash, i'm gonna off myself if i don't make it to the next run!

21-22 is the weekend i dotn have my son but either way i'm fine, i'll just get the folks to look after him for weekend if i have to. Gives me till then till sort out one of the cars and organise cash, i'm gonna off myself if i don't make it to the next run!

About. Bloody. Time! :yes:

• 5 weeks later...