Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do You Have A Problem?

Featured Replies

this thread may struggle massively but hey worth a crack.

 

now I know a lot of us have a problem with addiction to corollas. for example I finally convinced myself to buy a wrx instead of an old corolla so it kept the parents happy and I had modern luxuries. but now I can't do it and it looks like I'll be buying another corolla because I think secretly I love the little tricks and problems of old cars!

 

NOW I'd love to hear some funny stories of stupid things some of you other blokes have done that you probably shouldn't have that's related to cars. not necessarily just corollas.

 

now GO!

I went the other way.

 

Bought a new car as I was sick of messing with old cars.

 

don't think I'll go back to an old car since I got the JZX100. ;)

Like when you buy it and front end it and spend more than what its worth to fix the front tire bar...

 

love toyotas and i share your soft spot

On a whim I went on the net and bought the first rolla I came across. Glad to say I love the beast and still have it :D

Like takeing a stoved in KE38, cutting the guard and crumpled metal out with a trusty 4" grinder, pulling the top rail out with a length of RHS, Welding in a new inner guard section. Replace panels and re prime. Then continue to daily for a few months with 2deg of neg camber and -4 deg caster.

 

Only cost me $55 and the single most expensive part was the fender indicator!

Oh boy do I have problems when it comes to cars.

Sending a 74 RX4 on a truck to Sydney to a particular rotary sepcialist, to have the engine rebuilt/modified, then sent back to Darwin. Having that engine last 3 months then being expected to send it back to Sydney for warrantee. :bash:

Cost of putting a Holden Calibra motor (2.0l twin cam turbo) into a JD Holden Camira (to stunning effect! :laff: ) and the cost of constantly replacing driveshafts.

Cost of putting a worked 5.0 Holden V8 into an 81 Cressida. Cressida $2500. 308 V8 = $3000. Cost of engineers, certificates and making it fit = $25000. :blinks:

A dodgy car salesman who wouldn't do a deal on a VX Clubsport. Offended and pissed off I went across the road to the Brock Shop and spent $30grand doing my VS up. Made sure the salesman was aware too. :doublebird:

And my favorite, my AE82. Engine was a bit smokey so I thought a refresh was in order. Reco the motor, carby rebuild (AGAIN!!)new A/C, front and rear struts, other bits and bobs, total $8grand. On a two and a half grand car!. It better last another 25 years.

This is getting expensive.

The only car I can't get running atm is the Altezza, over $40,000 worth when I bought it! Bloody computer-driven stuff! Nowdays I'm so poor I can't afford a grand or two to get someone to sort it out and replace some expensive sensor or CPU.

 

No problems with the KE70 or the R31 Pintara we were given for free because the lady couldn''t sell it!

 

 

i bought a corolla 6yrs ago as it cost $500 and i could fiddle with it and learn stuff whilst being a poor uni student.

 

finished uni, sold it this year and bought an s15. 2nd best thing i ever did.

 

sold the s15 last week and just bought a new toy....picks up soon :wink: quite posssibly the best thing i ever did (car related anyway)

 

i think if i ever went back to playing with old cars, it would have to be a ground up rebuild (first thing being a full respray...to make it clean!), in a shed, with something other than a corolla (unless it was a TE27). something with some race pedegree...an old escort, a datto 1600, or european.....triumph, mg etc.

 

though ive been researching kit cars lately, mmmm caterham 7.....

 

 

sold the s15 last week and just bought a new toy....picks up soon :wink: quite posssibly the best thing i ever did (car related)

 

 

 

I'm interested in this new toy of yours Dave.

I miss driving around in an old car. The smell of the vinyl. The look of the immaculate dash and gauges. The sound of the exhaust and seeing people whipping their heads around to see what kind of car they hear. :)

 

But in the end I now have a reliable car that wont break down (touch wood). I do miss owning a car out right tho. Paying car repayments sucks balls.

  • 5 weeks later...

Yup I swore to myself I wouldn't get another toyota unles it was an mx83 cressy or a ma/jza70, yet sunday I am going to look at a mx73 cressy..... I cannot resist :P

As much as a Gemini was my first car I want to do another one right, and with leaf spring rear,

 

Ill end up with a Mk1 Cortina and with a rotary, and yes I would part with NISROLA for one

Hahahaha more points for coolness :)

 

Falcons just simply don't get the looks from people unless your dosing them or have stickers to piss commodore drivers off :P

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.