[Cranke10] 1969 Ke10

cranke10

• 5 months later...
Members dont see this ad

had to do the head gasket the other week,was a steam engine for a couple weeks

found some pretty bad detonation damage to the pistons an head,time to get it tuned properly!

Was the head gasket screwed when you were at the 4B fab dyno day???

I'm a bit upset that I missed your car(i was there earlier in the day). Leigh probably talked your ear off I spose??

I was busy getting my car running a again but with most likely way less than half the powers it had when blown.

no I had just slapped it back together befor the dyno day,it really needs a skim and a full rebuild,rings are tired and no 2 an 3 pistons are damaged......

I think it has a couple dodgy injectors,will be getting them cleaned/flowed and then a tune

yea must have been leigh I was talking to,he said you might make it down

heres some pics from the day

pretty disappointed with the power ,made 57kw (has made 72) but considering that motor has done 12000km in this car and two years in a rally car can't really complain!

has never run air filters either......

post-13806-0-14390600-1346834282_thumb.jpg

post-13806-0-47020400-1346834307_thumb.jpg

post-13806-0-08500800-1346834325_thumb.jpg

Edited by cranke10

no I had just slapped it back together befor the dyno day,it really needs a skim and a full rebuild,rings are tired and no 2 an 3 pistons are damaged......

I think it has a couple dodgy injectors,will be getting them cleaned/flowed and then a tune

yea must have been leigh I was talking to,he said you might make it down

heres some pics from the day

pretty disappointed with the power ,made 57kw (has made 72) but considering that motor has done 12000km in this car and two years in a rally car can't really complain!

has never run air filters either......

Yeah got stuck into the 11 and didn't realise the time.

Apparently the dyno is pretty harsh with the numbers it punches.

Leigh also said no other car had as big a crowd as yours(even that crazy Honda)

Hey buddy, while you have the head off any chance you could take a few pics of the ports?

Looks like yours has heaps taken out of the short turns on the inlets at least!

I've been doing some porting lately. Cleaned up the ex ports and polished them last week Stu! Lol

Edited by Taz_Rx

Can you tell me anymore about the uprighting? Maybe pics of the modified engine mounts and gearbox mounts?

Is the spacer plate tapered at all, from the pics it doesn't look like it. And that manifold doesn't look like a once-off job, looks like a manufactured part, any more info on that!!

sorry mate its allback together now!

yea heaps taken out,i think you are right,you.can see the entire valve from the port face...

yea its got enough power for the standard wheels and suspension!

wind blows it all over the place!

I can imagine so! Mines dangerous in any weather but a clear sunny day haha. Any plans to upgrade the suspension and wheels? Or keeping it looking stock?

Can you tell me anymore about the uprighting? Maybe pics of the modified engine mounts and gearbox mounts?

Is the spacer plate tapered at all, from the pics it doesn't look like it. And that manifold doesn't look like a once-off job, looks like a manufactured part, any more info on that!!

Sheldon aka blown5k in nz got a reproduction run of 50 or so of those manifolds a few years ago. Not sure if he would have any left now.

Could probably find an email address if youre interested?

• 5 months later...