The New '86 Finally Arrives

altezzaclub

Members dont see this ad

I'm seriously thinking about buying a ~1990 MX5......with a small modification to the gearbox input shaft...a rotary bolts to their gearbox.

The most fun you can have for 5k drive away... Piss the rotary off though you'll spend more time fixing the thing

An MX5 with a 13B PP has been on my dream list for a long time now, however since 'reliability', 'fuel economy' & 'rotary engine' never go positively together in the same sentence, it will remain on the dream list I'm afraid. :( If there's one that comes out looking like the one in 7shades posted photo, I'd seriously contemplate acquiring one! :yes:

it states in that info that it is the only horizontally opposed engine with rear wheel drive in the world,.................

they must not recognise porsche as a car...

Maybe they meant 'only front engined, rear drive car with a horizontally opposed engine in the world'? :)

Now that Toyota has shown signs of a pulse again, time to bring back the Supra to combat the Neesan GTR. :wink:

Edited by carbonboy

it states in that info that it is the only horizontally opposed engine with rear wheel drive in the world,.................

they must not recognise porsche as a car...

Seeing as you boys require a history lesson.

Back when the Dwarf was a lad, the 1930 Tatra T54 had a flat four and rear drive, as did the 1937 Jowett Ten.

Not an new idea then. :P