Joshs Daily. =)

JJT036

Well, went out and bought another rocket today. We've sealed the deal, and picking it up from Ballarat on Tuesday. :)

It's a 1986 MX73 Cressida with a 5M-GE (with Extractors :D ) and 4-speed Auto. Green in colour, has full electrics (including Sunroof), Velour interior, P/S, A/C, Power Windows and Mirrors, the works.

This will be a little project to make it a daily for when I get my P's. The previous owner had a RWC check done in June 2011, and came back with a list of Defects that need fixing/replacing, which was included in the sale.

He had it sitting under his carport and hadn't started it in a few months, so we took a battery, and it fired 1st shot.

Anyway, here's some pics of the car.

post-8003-0-72076700-1326024154_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-25946400-1326187490_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-83377200-1326187769_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-61731000-1326187839_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-82130200-1326189897_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-93154600-1326188073_thumb.jpg

Velour Awesomeness. :yes:

post-8003-0-08996500-1326189478_thumb.jpg

post-8003-0-59071400-1326187956_thumb.jpg

5M-GE Awesomeness. :yes:

post-8003-0-75979200-1326189267_thumb.jpg

Hehehehe. :D

post-8003-0-13194900-1326190278_thumb.jpg

Josh :cool:

Edited by JJT036

Members dont see this ad

Cheers Stu. :y:

Absolutely buggered from today, but I really enjoyed it. They've offered me more hours to work there during the holidays. :yes:

Tomorrow we're going up to Ballarat to pick up this Seeda. Dad went out and got the Permit today, and he asked a few questions about Reg for this and Club Reg for Ollie, and the guy there said Learner's can drive cars that are on Permits. So I'll be driving it home tomorrow. :D :D :D

WHAT A GREAT DAY AND START TO THE WEEK !!!!! :)

Edited by JJT036

Fantastic vehicle =D ! Good buy man, always had a sick soft spot for the EFI M engines hahah : )

Cheers Teddy. :y:

It goes very well for 290,000km's. Just needs a service, and maybe some new Diff and Transmission Oil, and it'll run better.

Later today, we'll jack it up and put it up on stands to have a good look underneath it, and I'll take off thw wheels and clean them up a bit to make them look good. Then we'll do some little things that need doing (Defects from the RWC Check sheet).

Edited by JJT036

Had a look at the Defects that were listed on the RWC check sheet on the car tonight, and we fixed some of it. We replaced the Tailshaft Centre Bearing, Tightened the Tailshaft Bolts, Changed the L/H Lower Shock Rubber, and Tightened the Shock Mounts. So that's the rear sorted out for now.

Tomorrow while I'm at work, Dad will look at the Defects on the Front of the car (R/H Ball Joint and Brake Hoses), and when I come home, I'll clean up the wheels and pump up the tyres. :)

The Photo's don't do it justice! They look much better in person! :yes:

Dad had a look at more things on this while I was at Sunbury Holden, and discovered that the Vibration is coming from Stuffed Spark Plugs and Leads, causing the Engine to Misfire. Also, both the Rear Shocks are stuffed.

So now I've gonna save up my pennies for:

- New Calcium Battery.

- New Spark Plugs and Leads.

- New Oil and Filter.

- New Rear Shocks.

- New Transmission Oil.

- Gas Bonnet Struts.

- Darkest Legal Window Tint.

All that will come after Club Rego for Ollie, which isn't too far away now. :)

Edited by JJT036

Nothing new to update.

Getting some Plugs and Leads courtesy of Dad. :)

Also, I'm having an absolute blast at Sunbury Holden. There are a few guys there that are cluey with Old Toyotas, so they're giving me advice and ideas everyday for This and Ollie. :yes: