New Member From South Africa

20V Screeamer

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is Fantastic =D I LOVE reading about other variant car clubs similar to ours from around the globe ! Would be grand to travel around the world and meet you all someday !

Looks like you guys have quite a following, epic !

After spending several years working on the problem-riddled south african built ZZE122/3 corolla's, i thought it would be a fantastic trip to see the build factory and explore the town of Durban. Mind you, any excuse to visit South Africa is a good one : )

Cheers for joining RC, glad to have you here : ) !

T

Ops my bad just checked they ended the line in 2007 (just before I left) still thought they made them, My Apologize! Still a good effort tho

Let me cast your eyes onto this bit of german meat

Its called the City Golf (miniature golf)

Same price range as the Tazz , Its the south african most common rice burner.

post-11944-0-62042000-1326248237_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-36134600-1326248244_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spencer

thanks for the welcome guys...

@ spencer... yeah man, guys at the reef think toyo's are a joke but get the shock of their lives when they see a lower powered toyo taking out turbo cars on the coast.

We were also denied alot of performance model toyo's in SA. No AE86, supras, celica, levins,mk1 and 2 MR2 and import laws prohibit " importing second hand vehicles" .

There are a few loop holes but will cost you an arm and a leg , theres also alot of conmen so its not worth the hassle.

only performance engines introduced to SA were the 2T trd ke70, series1,2,3 twincam 16V, 20V BT, 2zzge.

oh and the Auris TRD was just launched in SA, 1600 supercharged but still not enough to play with the VAG cars.

mk1 golf ceased production in 2008. thank goodness. i hate that car.

But the power capabilties are endless on the mk 1 golf.

common street conversions are 2lt 8V, 2lt 16V, 1.8lt 20v.

no matter how fast your car is, there always a faster golf. a friend of mine has got a 2lt 16v turbo 1 and it makes 363 wkw. best time of 11.2 on the 400m. fully street legal, not gutted or anything.