1967 Toyota Crown Ms47 Wagon

silverra23

I bought a Ozito polisher today, and grabbed some cheap cutting compound to see how she would come up. I am quite pleased with the result.

Half polished roof

IMG_1204.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

Shiny bonnet

IMG_1207.JPG

Some what better tailgate

IMG_1211.JPG

Also tried to get her to kick over. She winds over, but there was no firing.

Might be because I wired up the coil wrong... does any one have a photo of how a coil should be wired up in one of these?

Could also be 25 year old fuel not having any kick in it!

Members dont see this ad

my mate Campbell who has the orange 240c coupe that was at all Japan day had seen this at centre rd and was quite upset to see that it was in the yard.

he wanted to save it, but didn't have the space.

I told him yesterday that it had gone to a good home, so he was a lot happier. he said he'd like to come and have a look at it sometime and he may be

able to give you some tips/help on the cosmetic resto part of it. he's a classic car detailing wizard.

something else to consider,if it hasnt been run for 25 years the bores are probably dry and has little or no compression.try putting a little bit of 2 stroke oil down each cylinder through the plug holes,turn it over a little without the plugs then refit the plugs and try again. I am of course assuming that you have spark at the plugs but if you don't then yes you may have the coil connected wrong and yes,old fuel does go of a bit but not like unleaded,try dropping a bit of fresh fuel down the carb,not to much,just to see if it fires.fuel pump diaphram could also be up s++t creek.hope some of this may help..

• 2 weeks later...

So rather than making me spend months searching for elusive Crown parts online, fate decided that it would be easier to drop another Crown into my lap!

This was advertised on gumtree on Thursday morning for $200, and after initially thinking I would try and buy some bits off him, I decided it would be easier to just go and get the bugger. So I called the old bloke who had it in his paddock and begged him not to sell it until I got there Sunday morning. He was happy to do so, and so I went and collected it this morning

So this is what we found in the paddock.. apparently sitting in the paddock since sometime in the 90's. Rather rusty by 2012!

9555761_20.jpg

4073nd0_20.jpg

This one is a manual 3 speed with overdrive.

Plan is to strip the bits I need off it and then send it to the great scrap metal gods.. unless of course someone wants what is left!

Here are a couple of instagram art shots just for fun.

One Crown good.. Two Crowns better...

IMG_20120506_130945.jpg

Ratrodders would love the moss...

IMG_20120506_131203.jpg

And the lichen

IMG_20120506_131334.jpg

I reckon I would have paid $200 just for a steering wheel!

IMG_20120506_132047.jpg

Awesome badge

IMG_20120506_132544.jpg

So very jealous! It is my long term dream to get one of these wagons one day, and build it into a sleeper tow car/cruiser.I'd want to start with something a little less original though for my plans!

Keen to see this out an about, congrats on saving it. :)

Wowsers.. questions questions questions lol...

Doogs - you can have the rusty remains once I am done if you like ;)

Kid-Ae - no plans other than to get her running. Theoretically the 2m in it is quite fresh in mileage, but time will tell what state its really in.

benhachi - yup that is the stock steering wheel.. horn ring operates the horn.. and the indicators, you turn it one way or the other to turn them on and off. the green tinge is not stock, its thanks to being out in a paddock for 15 years!

oldie - haven't got it running. now that I have a sample, I can see the coil install I did was missing plenty. this one will donate its coil set up so that will help things along.

thanks for all the comments guys :)

• 1 month later...

Well I finished pulling what I wanted off the parts car today.

Last call... any one want a rusty Crown wagon for nothing... if you wanted a 3 speed overdrive gearbox its there for the taking :)

Here is how she looks

IMG_20120706_143108.jpg

IMG_20120706_142905.jpg