Ke70 Locked Diff

The tight, low speed corners like cul de sacs etc always produce some interesting sounds and clunks and then there's the turning circle...

It works for me, I don't mind putting up with stuff like that as long as when the time comes, it does what it's supposed to...

Cul de sacs???

That's the spirit!! Drive around issues!!

Members dont see this ad

cars with locked diffs are almost impossible to push with ANY turning (ie push start etc), like proper impossible.

I hear you on this one. I remember trying to push my KE20 around by myself on the oldmans concrete. The bastard would move a foot or two and then roll back on me - and the concrete was level. The rear end would wind up and when you stopped pushing, it would return back to where you started.....

I'm surprised at just how many of you have locked diffs.

Unless its a track car - WTF man???

Besides the illegality and sheer dangerousness of them in daily driving, i rekon they are just plain DUMB on a daily driver.

On the KE70 i bought, it had a locked diff.

When i pulled the diff out, the axle splines were warped, the diff oil was full of metal filings, the wheel studs on the driver's side were all ʞ©$ɟed and about to fall out, the passenger wheel had two broken wheel studs (sheered off), and the other two near close to sheering off as well..... it was just ʞ©$ɟed.

I'll take a proper LSD thanks.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, well I can't afford an LSD right now so locker = win.

I drive mine most days and it's fine. Never had anything bad happen in the wet that wasn't intended.

It may be hard on the car mechanically, but it's a KE70, I don't really care.

Here is a fun fact or two I have learnt with owning a falcon with a spool or a keto with a locker

1. Borgwarner ford LSD's are proper shithouse

2. With a locker when I kick the clutch I know it will do doubles everyday unless its broken an axle

3. I <3 the wheel chirp around corners

4. I'm a rebel and break the rules

5. It's my car and I'll have a locker/spool over an LSD everyday regardless of illegalness( that's the chance you take)

Bad points

1. Illegal

2. Tires wear out faster(but if you have a spool/locker they weren't really gonna last long anyways)

3. Makes it more unfavourable to the general road users in the rain when you cone skating past them

4. Carparks are harder to navigate due to added turning circle(never been an issue for me)

5. Illegal

6. Illegal

7. Illegal

I choose to run a spool cause its cheaper than recoing a shithouse borgwarner ford LSD by about $150 - $300 pending diff shop, its also my car and I am well aware of its behavior with said spool, I have found the track is best for being a drift king, but I like knowing if I want to pop the clutch in anger it'll do doubles everytime

I reckon if you want to lock your diff go ahead, JUST DON'T ʞ©$ɟING KILL YOURSELF BY TRYING TO BE DK IN YOUR 4K POWERED KE70