1Jz Going Into Ae-71, Does Anyone Know This Car?

tuntown2

Hi everyone,

I'm in the progress of getting the engine into the AE71 corolla, but so far the problem is the engine cross memeber.

The 1jz engine sump just right in the way and blocking the steering rack.

Friend of mine sent me this photo a while ago, does anyone know this car? number plate XVL247

If you know this guy could you please intro to me? PM me

Because I want to find out how he did it, I'm in the hurry to sort out this engine conversion problem at the moment,

PLEASE HELP ME >__<

post-12022-0-14386100-1338345989_thumb.jpg

post-12022-0-41486900-1338346005_thumb.jpg

or If anyone else knows how to fit a 1jz into the AE71, could you please help me?

many thanks

Henry

Members dont see this ad

hi thanks for your reply, I actually spoke to the guy who own that panelvan, he told me to lower the corssmember and modify the engine's mount, leave the crossmember as it is, .........but......i still couldn't get it work......

Dry sumps are about $4000 for a basic setup and then you have to get it to actually work

which is another story, some motors have front/mid/rear sumps from factory and oil the pumps

to suit the sump, might be worth looking into that?

waoo~ a hole new corssmember, hmmm do you have a picture for it? and did you also made a new engine mounts for it?

i put a rb30 in my ke20 had same problem we just made a hole new crossmember go around the sump and made it thick out of box tube worked a treat

As a few people have said you need to track down a a front sump set up off a 1JZ to make it work with out major mods. Do a little more research and see if you can track one down, not easy to find seperated from a 1jz but see how you go.