March 21, 201412 yr comment_679806 Car is coming along nicely! I can certainly appreciate good workmanship where it is due, so well done! All your work is very professional and done properly! Wheels will look the goods when done, cheers! Report
March 22, 201412 yr comment_679822 did i hear that right ? die grinding centre hole of wheels out to fit larger hub ring so no hubcentric ring for the wheels anyomore? Report
March 22, 201412 yr Author comment_679871 Nah. Its not a tyre on the rim. Just sitting the rim on a tyre so it doesnt get scratched on the garage floor. It is getting 50 profile tyres so the honda cluster is speed accurate. Edited February 17, 201511 yr by maccat01 Report
March 23, 201412 yr comment_679896 hopefully the modified centre holes aren't far off centre doing it that way and cause vibrations if you are still going to locate them off the hug ring they don't have to be far off at the rpm wheels can be spinning Report
March 23, 201412 yr Author comment_679910 Wheels fit the hubs great Edited February 17, 201511 yr by maccat01 Report
March 24, 201412 yr Author comment_679959 Minor win with fitting the wheels :-). Hilux doesnt have hub centric wheels. So bore size of rear wheels doesnt matter :-) Report
March 31, 201412 yr Author comment_680352 My front brakes looked huge by them self but inside the wheels they look tiny. Oh well Test fitted rear wheels on car. Have found ill need to flare the rear guards about an inch. Shouldnt need to add any material as I'm hoping that a bit of heat and hammer and dolly will flare it out ok. Lastly, I have polished the lips on all the wheels. They were badly damaged on two of the wheels and the one in the pic was the worst. So they came up good. Report
April 3, 201412 yr Author comment_680492 Hello all. In my quest to have a massive audio/ visual system that fits my car without taking up too much space i have decided to use the factory dash location to mount a centre speaker for my dvd unit. In looking at all the 5x7 and 6x8 speakers on the market and hearing they are not much good and relatively pricey for their odd form it also occured to me that i would need to wire the one speaker to either my left or right front headunit channel. So not a real centre speaker then :( I then found some small mono amps (bout the side of a couple of match boxes) but they are only available in japan and cost ALOT of money to not only buy but then import. So instead of speanding $400 on new gear, I have dug up a pair of competition pioneer 4 inch splits i had in my Ignis Sport. My plan is to make a rectangle mdf panel approx 4 inches wide by 10 inches long and cut a hole for each of the speakers. With this setup, i can then run a four inch speaker off my front right and front left headunit channels. With two separate drivers right next to each other it will sort of work like a psudo centre channel where the speakers are mounted so close to each other the spilt in left to right sounds will be very difficult to hear. Pics to come. Ive also decided to make my own projector headlights. I bout a bi-xenon hid projector kit from ebay and will be buying a set of raybrig 7 inch headlight housings to modify. Report
April 5, 201412 yr Author comment_680661 Cut up tunnel and fitted s2000 tunnel. It now fits just needs welding and a patch up the front. Also finished gearbox crossmember and fits well. And finally my projection headlight inserts. Report
April 5, 201412 yr Author comment_680665 Btw, when I cut out the corolla floor so the s2000 tunnel becomes the under side of the car, I have left the ke30 floor braces in place to keep the strength in the floor. So underneath the s2000 tunnel will be nothing but the factory structure. Will look a bit odd but its the only way I can think to run this tunnel and keep the car from flexing. I am open to other suggestions or ideas on the matter. So fire away :-D Report
April 13, 201412 yr Author comment_681092 Have 90% completed manifold. Welded in radiator supports and finished seat rails that work with the stock mounts. Report
May 8, 201412 yr Author comment_682380 Hey all. The corolla has gone to Cooma to get a huge amount of welding done. I attempted it myself, but as I am new to welding I have sent it to my Uncles house to get welding done. Fuel tank is being modified for Honda pump and sender unit, transmission tunnel is being modified and welded in, seat rails are being modified, the body is being seem welded and the exhaust is being fabricated from stainless with magnaflow straight through mufflers And all for a couple of hunder dollars :). Pictures to follow. Report
May 29, 201412 yr Author comment_683436 Hey all. Long time no update. Car is still away getting things welded. But in the mean time I have built myself some projector headlight. I have worked out a way to fit some spot lights in the standard indicator sport and have purchased all parts to build a stainless 2.5 inch exhaust. The polishing is coming along ok and I'm doing about 2 hours a day so its not so monotonous. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now