Trev's Hks Blown Ae71 Spirit

Trev

The blower has been received at the Japan warehouse so it won't be long until it is in Oz. The post I did the other day about it leaving Japan actually turned out to be it being shipped from the seller to the warehouse, email I got just stated freight charges so I thought it was on it's way to me.

Edited by Trev

Members dont see this ad

I stripped the GZE down today and found that number 1 piston has a rather bad detonation or hit mark right on the edge of the crown, not sure if I wanna use them at the moment so I am going to look at removing the damage with a file and see how it comes up otherwise I will get a P & A on a new set of Toyota 8:1 c/r pistons in STD and OS as I am not sure how the bores will look after a hone.

So neat street and ocational strip car. I like it.

Wow you did get onto one of those mythical HKS blowers! Only ever seen pictures, lucky you.

Subbing for future awesomeness.

Yeah I want to be able to have a nice comfy car for the whole family for cruises etc but I want it to be mine.

I put up the wanted ad as I had tried yahoo Japan etc (search items can be hard though) and carbonboy said about importmonster so I typed it into there and one came up, it ended up costing me $1148 once postage and fees were added which I think is quite good.

I just hope it gets here soon and I can sort out a top water outlet to suit the blower since you end up with this much room:

post-1373-0-00328500-1346151126_thumb.jpg

post-1373-0-17688300-1346151142_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trev

Yeah I hate waiting for sea mail, it's usually 6-8 weeks as the boat sits on the docks for 2 weeks so depending on if it gets sent when the boat is about to leave or when it just gets back to port depends how long, air freight is usually a week I got something sent on Saturday from japan and got it Monday!

Oh the memories.

Off to a flying start with this one!

Thanks Matt, yeah I thought it might have.

Yeah I hate waiting for sea mail, it's usually 6-8 weeks as the boat sits on the docks for 2 weeks so depending on if it gets sent when the boat is about to leave or when it just gets back to port depends how long, air freight is usually a week I got something sent on Saturday from japan and got it Monday!

Yeah the turbo setup I got for my old 71 took 3 month to arrive.

Hoping that it will still be around my original quote since I am going with sea:

monster.gif

Dear Trevor,

This email is to notify you of an update to your order. The change to your order is:

Order update for item HKS BLOWER (18430)

Japanese Domestic Freight confirmed at 3,150¥

This results in a saving of $-11.69 --> Order total changed from $1,154.53 to $1,142.84

Balance changed from $-154.53 to -142.84

Edited by Trev