1Uz Powered Corolla

markstoys

I thought would post up a few pics and links about my car. Some one posted about it two years ago, and I have been lurking here ever since. I have been working on it since 2006, and the car is finally pretty much done.

post-13916-0-44860200-1346014343_thumb.jpg

post-13916-0-08326100-1346014316_thumb.jpg

The summary is that it's a 1975 Corolla body that was in horrible shape when I got it. It was so rusted that I cut the firewall and the entire floor out. The shell sits on a chassis that I built to to hold the front and rear suspension from a Lexus SC400, powered by a V8 from the same donor car supercharged by a M112 from an SVT Mustang, and backed up by a T56 from and LT1 Camaro. Every bit of work required to do this was done by myself in my little two car garage.

A complete build log can be found here:

http://www.cardomain...-toyota-corolla

I have a few videos, they are not very good-but better than nothing:

http://www.youtube.c...11?feature=mhee

I still have a lot to do: put the side glass back in, get the A/C working, install a sound system, finish the interior, and paint it--to name a few of the major things . I have just started to drive it around, it only has 14 miles on the odometer now, so I have a lot of engine and suspension tuning to do. In reality, it will never be "finished."

Mark

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate was me who told u about rc :D .. man i love this thing

Thank you for pointing me toward one of the few places where there is love for old Corollas!!! You guys know what's up.

I'm glad you guys like the car--some how I figured you would.

Mark

Edited by markstoys

• 6 months later...

4b71d47a_69311c75_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

Damn can't read the build thread as access to it is denied at my work :(

lol that's what I thought!!! - I'll take this any day over a FT86

This is on par with some greatest conversions I've seen (including a v12 Cobra with a giant wing - youtube it)

Freakin awesome