October 9, 201213 yr comment_630943 How the hell do you afford all this stuff? You just finished school! I hate you. +1 Report
October 9, 201213 yr Author comment_631054 it doesn't really cost that much when you do everything yourself, do work for mates to get stuff cheaper or free... I got this complete 4a swap for a price i couldn't resist. I got everything I need minus a smallport short motor ( because the one in the car blows oil everywhere for some reason ) including the fuel set up and exhaust to make fit the ke20..... From a friend ofcourse, and from another friend I got a blacktop bottum end and a smallport head that we are going to put together and make a motor out of.... using the parts from the motor pictured which is blown. I'm hoping to have a 4a in the car in 3 weeks..... This week i'm going to piece together everything I need and hopefully pick up a ke20 scrap shell to mount the motor and do everything i need so its essentially just a bolt in procedure. Report
October 10, 201213 yr comment_631077 sounds like u have a plan saw this on fb should be good. just don't go silly and just get it in Report
October 31, 201213 yr Author comment_634517 complete rwd 4a loom and jdm ecu. 5/8th Clutch mastercylinder also pictured braided clutch line... will install all tomorrow afternoon as i need a 30mm holesaw for firewall standard cross member, untouched sway bar and sump, standard KE20 gearbox cross member... firewall isn't hit either... fits a dream! TRD extractors.. SO.... all i have to do is find a T50 tailshaft yoke and a smallport motors thats running and i can dump it in!!!! Report
November 1, 201213 yr Author comment_634621 work at a gokart shop in my spare time, go to uni and study engineering and buy cheap ke70's and other cars and clean them up and sell them off... I get a lot of stuff cheap ( 4a parts etc ) because i know a lot of people and tend to do stuff for mates and end up with stuff done at mates rates.. well a lot of it. Report
November 2, 201213 yr Author comment_634878 Mounted clutch cylinder Simple bracket underneath which connects to standard Clutch pedal... well welded to it... don't know how well it will hold up but should be fine!!!! Decided to pull the motor out... pick the 4age up tomorrow... So tomorrows jobs are... pick motor up, get bearing for the end of the crank.. bolt gearbox and all bolt on parts to the motor and install it... make sure mounts fit 100%.... then weld the mounts if they fit correctly. Cut shifter hole in the tunnel. Sundays job is to make tailshaft fit... I have done some research and measurements and believe a standard ae71 t50 yoke will simply swap onto a ke20 tailshaft and be the correct length...... fingers crossed! Report
November 4, 201213 yr comment_635002 You should have that clutch linkage in double shear, have you been slacking on your studies! Bracket on the other side for the win :) Easy to do with section of flat plate from firewall to pivot point. Seen people get away with the simple extension on a std clutch but with hd pressure plate it fails. Report
November 5, 201213 yr Author comment_635142 all gotta come out again tonight to fix gearbox fork -_- Report
November 9, 201213 yr comment_635721 Sweet work man, It will be a ball-tearer when its done. I've always wanted to put my 3TGEU Ke20 up against a 4AGE one and see who comes out best :) Report
November 9, 201213 yr comment_635723 You should have that clutch linkage in double shear, have you been slacking on your studies! I sort of agree, having another pivot point on the right side of the master cylinder would be better. But I can see it failing from torsion/bending moment before it fails in shear. Otherwise everything is awesome. Though I still hate you. Edited November 9, 201213 yr by rian Report
November 12, 201213 yr Author comment_636076 Lol that's whats been happening in my world lately. WELL... ke20 starts and just waiting on the tailshaft... will finish it tonight, then can do the exhaust........ Redid the engine mounts, redid the clutch bracket set up and strengthened the pedals too... done heaps lately... wire tucked entire engine bay, rewired heaps of shit... will take more photos soon. Cyas! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now