Political Fluff

Yes you are!

hahahaha.

WGMG

Went to my mums in Oakey for a family party.

Jumped out of the gfs car and bombed the big hill into town on my skateboard.

By the time I got to the bottom there's these 2 idiot cops with their lights on behind me. They write me a ticket for riding my skateboard.

This world has changed. I used to love Queensland because it was young and free. Now I want to burn the whole place to the ground and start over without all the protectionist, prohibitionist wankers claiming they are libertarians while taking away all your freedoms.

Conservative government by nature is designed to sit back and let people do their own thing as long as they don't hurt anybody.

How long can we live with this complete lack of freedom before we wake up to ourselves and rebuild the system from the ground up.

I'm considering moving overseas, because quite frankly, Australia does not deserve to prosper off of my hard work if this is how we are expected to live. I completely understand why Bernard Tomic took his money and fame and ʞ©$ɟed off overseas to live. Because he can and the Australian government (or little america as its known now) thinks I need to be licensed and pay stamp duty to wipe my own ass.

Seriously, my tax dollars are 100% wasted on shit.

Look at our budget cutbacks:

Health - cut

Eductation - cut

Welfare - cut

Social Services - cut

Infrastructure projects - cut

Police force - add 500 more Police. Drop the age and education requirements. If you thought Police are dumb now...

Something is not right.

Now we have more laws than ever, no guns to defend ourselves and more coppers than we need. They are just basically treating us like a bunch of criminals that need to be caught, and ignoring the fact that we fund this bullshit with our hard work. They have disarmed us, and now are proceeding to tighten the strings.

The last time this happened in the world was in Nazi Germany and look how that turned out. We need a revolution, or we need our government to follow through on this war that's starting with the entire Arab world, so they can do the sensible thing and wipe our governments off the map so we can start again.

Hey Australian government, you want me to go fight someone in the middle east? What have they ever done to me? I'm not a pawn in your game.

Members dont see this ad

Also, wgmg is this whole Julian Assange situation.

1. There are no actual victims of any crimes in Sweden awaiting him, and they have no dna evidence. Its an unprecedented thing to seek to extradite someone for questioning. There are no charges laid at present due to lack of evidence, and yet the British are camping on him trying to capture him. Its actually bullshit, and the women who were allegedly victims of sex crimes, have come forward and made favourable and apologetic comments towards Assange in the media.

2. Sweden has a no questions asked extradition policy with the US.

3. The US has already prosecuted the soldier that provided info to Assange for treason. Assange just published it, just like Fox news and many other media outlets of worldwide repute and massive economic standing. They seek to prosecute Assange and not Fox. Why? Money. If they can set a legal precedent against Assange then they may well be able to successfully attack other media centres for also publishing the info. Why pick on Assange first? Because he has way less funding for a defence. Also once in custody in the US, his whereabouts will not be able to be ascertained and his treatment is unlikely to be of any quality.

4. The crimes themselves. This goes to the heart of the issue and also to the very heart of political philosophy.

This is where you need to ask yourself what your government is supposed to do.

Is it:

A. Something which you are happy to allow to do whatever it wants as long as you can have a whatever attitude towards things. Just a big machine that executes all the legislation made and is ever growing, ever more expensive, and ever more unstoppable.

B. Something which you choose to have to keep life running smoothly and in the fashion that society as a whole requires. Something which at every level, every leader is an elected representative of the people, who is elected only on the premise that he listen to his constituents and concisely represent the feeling of the electorate while executing the process of running their public office.

Fundamentally, should your government be creating foreign policy, legislation, conducting military activities, and generally conducting its business in secret? If you are ok with not knowing what your governement does to sell gasoline tick here.

If all he did was expose a bunch of documents that detailed a whole lot of negative international policy that was kept secret, then to me the government should be tried for treason, not the whistleblower. There should be no whistle to blow in the first place.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit
  • Upvote 1

The worst thing is that even though a lot of these documents were released no one gives a shit. A lot of them should of taken down and fcuked over a heap of people. But these people are still walking free claiming an Australian citizen as an American traitor. Democracy, its like ice cream, its awesome until you end up being a fat khunt telling people what flavours you're should eat.

Yes and I'm becoming worried that rather than keep the place great the next generation of Australians is not going to care enough to take control of things. Cutbacks in education anyone?

The overregulation of this country is getting out of control, seems everytime you want to do smoething there are 10 hoops to jump through and the goverment puts their hand in your pocket at every hoop.

I'm only a youngen really but the more i live and discover this world the more i am seeing how rediculous this is.

But it seems australia is a fair way along this path of overregulation and i have no idea how anyone can turn it around without some sort of revolutionary type action.

Since we are on a car forum i guess one good example is the position that goverment has taken on Speeding. They have everyone convinced that so long as people do 100km/h and not 107km/h (and even 102km/h in NSW i think?)this will stop people dying on the streets. Imagine what would happen if tomorrow the transport ministor stood up and said "nah we were wrong, we are binning all speeding cameras, and focusing on driver attitude of young drivers, road conditions and compulsary roadworthys every 6months to ensure all cars are actually safe, with huge fines for driving a car with bald tyres. and people who have more than 1 at fault accident in 2yrs are subjected to an intense driving test, and if they fail they arent allowed to drive. so sorry about all you who got speeding tickets, hopefully this new system works"

Can you imagine the uproar from everyone who got speeding tickets over the last~60yrs or whatever? The govmt isnt exactly going to give all the money back.....as they spent it already.

it seems EVERYTHING that can be regulated is WAY OVER regulated. Which i think is having a deterent effect on alot of people to steer clear of activities which is probably what they want....

I undertsand you need some regulation, to sort out the idiots, but its gone a bit to far.

The solution? not sure.

Do i care? sure i care, and i too have very much considered going overseas just to try another country out (canada looks good, mainly for the skiing!, I'm sure it has its downfalls as well though).

Do i feel like i can make any sort of difference to change this? No way. Any suggestions are welcome.

South (or central) America is looking good.

No really...

I could sell up half my shit and live like a king somewhere like Honduras, whilst still receiving a quite liveable 'salary' from the stuff I'd still own here.

Semi-retired by 40 in the carribean? Don't mind if I do...

Edited by 7shades