December 6, 201312 yr comment_673201 All the racey cars are nearly finished! They all need a place to show off together next year, race, drag ,or rally they would all look great together especially if you park this beauty far away from mine lol great work mate just love it!.. Report
December 7, 201312 yr comment_673213 Hi Craig with out giving to much away ( show & shine car sr plates ) not one for the traditionalist which is why i like your build thread .It has a lot of great information and detail in it and is something a little bit different from the every day build and as i said before keep the great work & information coming as i think i can say you have a lot of us clicking on to see what you have done . Great thread and ill keep following with great interest. Cheers:- Stuart (Thomas dad) :wave: Report
December 8, 201312 yr comment_673270 Wow Craig mate you are amazing! and you can definitely tell this is not your first creation. I am only early in my build of a Street KE30 4 door, but I think I may incorporate some of your amazing ideas and use the motivation that I have gained from reading this thread to really hit 'Betsy' hard in the new year. I especially like the pedal box and the reservoir placement. Thanks mate, can't wait to see the finished product. Edited December 8, 201312 yr by Robski Report
December 9, 201312 yr Author comment_673322 Hi Cleveland. I like your idea for a racing rolla show. It would be awesome to get everyone together to check out these cars. Just looking at your dash. I remember making brass key plates like that but we used wood dowels. The wire brush is a great idea. Thanks for the compliment Stuart. Ill be waiting for your new project. Thanks Rob. Building or restoring cars is a lot of hard work and money, but also a lot of fun. Enjoy your self next year with Betsy. Got the left flare on and started prepping the bonnet for fibre glass. Report
December 9, 201312 yr comment_673324 This car might end up being Rollaclub : Car Of The Century. Report
December 11, 201312 yr Author comment_673441 Thanks for the vote of confidence Reed. There are a lot of very good projects on Rollaclub. Fitting some led rear light clusters. Report
December 13, 201312 yr comment_673531 Tailamps are interesting, id try putting the surround back on and painting the filler plate black maybe, led lighting should be bright but! Report
December 13, 201312 yr Author comment_673535 I agree they look a little odd at the moment. The plan is the rear panel will be black and when the boot lip and bumper are on they should,nt be so much "in your face". The good thing is they wont fill up with dust and the gravel roads can't shake any bulbs to bits. The rest of the body is being painted tomorrow. Report
December 13, 201312 yr comment_673537 Thanks Rob. Building or restoring cars is a lot of hard work and money, but also a lot of fun. Enjoy your self next year with Betsy. I Know and I will just going to be a little strapped for cash over the next 12 months or so (2nd baby due early Jan) so will have to just get the body in tip top condition (for it basically wont cost anything lol). I'll be ecstatic if I can manage to sort out my diff (full R31 with disks/panard bar/brace etc that I found for $100) and my suspension. I figure work from the ground up and see where it goes. But thanks for the vote of confidence Craig, I will be following this thread closely and transferring some of your ideas to my road car (if you don't mind that is). Edited December 13, 201312 yr by Robski Report
December 14, 201312 yr Author comment_673576 Don,t mind at all Rob. Last coat of primer is on. Report
December 14, 201312 yr comment_673578 Thanks Craig for our daily fix as this thread has become a daily addiction LOL keep the great work up and any hint as to color or do we just wait and see ???. Cheers:- Stuart ( Thomas dad ) :wave: Report
December 15, 201312 yr Author comment_673628 Nothing flash for color. Just plain old rally car white. Should look good when the signage and graphics are on. Report
December 15, 201312 yr comment_673634 Lookin good, this is gettin me keen to see mine painted, long way off yet for me, maybe a year or so haha, keep up the good work Report
December 16, 201312 yr Author comment_673701 Cheers Justin. Its getting close to the expensive bits. Engine, computer, wiring and all the little bits that add up. Report
December 17, 201312 yr Author comment_673775 I took to many photos at this point. Here are a few more. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now